DeWalt LED conversions, Fusion48 or others

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, what's out there for putting into DeWalts 18v lights?

I just found out about the Fusion48. Can anyone tell me a bit about it such as quality, runtime, etc and are there other alternatives?

I didn't find the fusion on ebay though so where would I find it?

I did have around 8 ebay bucks I wanted to spend so the bay would be good for me.

Thanks and as always, links are appreciated.

George

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
please keep us updated about what you find.

a search i did a while back for an 18V DeWalt LED replacement proved fruitless....

i just emailed the maker of the Fusion48 for prices/availability. will post results...

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fusion48 is a great affordable upgrade, it's a very floody light. Very cool white in tint, and I'd say somewhere between 600-800 lumens (a guess) as for runtimes I'd say a little better than the incandescent bulb.
The Milwaukee dropin is dimmer than the incan bulb the last I checked.
I also own the fusion36 for my maglite and love it for dogwalks at night and that's about 400 lumens in a 2D maglite

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I suppose I should start my own Makita thread but I was wondering the same thing for the Makita light. Since the Makita head is about 3" diamter getting 80,000 lux out of a XML driven at 3 amps wouldn't be too hard would it?

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe i read in one of the threads that the Fusion 48 killed a Makita electronics because it couldn't handle it. google time....

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fusion48 is a great affordable upgrade, it's a very floody light. Very cool white in tint, and I'd say somewhere between 600-800 lumens (a guess) as for runtimes I'd say a little better than the incandescent bulb.
The Milwaukee dropin is dimmer than the incan bulb the last I checked.
I also own the fusion36 for my maglite and love it for dogwalks at night and that's about 400 lumens in a 2D maglite

I agree, and would say my 6D Maglite is closer to 800 lumens :devil: I took a few pics of my Fusion48/36's :grin2:

p1040681.jpg

p1040691.jpg

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the good and quick responses guys. Ricky, you are more than welcome to talk about the makita here but you MAY get more help if you posted something with a Makita subject, dunno.

I will look and keep you guys updated and look forward to more info.

Thanks again

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just ordered a fusion48 for $30 shipped. 800 lumens. way cool...

http://cgi.ebay.com/800-lms-LED-POW...3399119?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c1b144b4f

Alright! Keep us posted and do some quick tests when you get it please. Usually takes about a week from China. I want to get one and have about 8 ebucks I wanna use but I have time till May to use'em I think so give us some feedback and I'll prolly get one too. One concern I have is the drop in fit as I'm too stupid to make adjustments.

Thanks

George

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
will do. but i've yet to get anything from china in less than 2-3 weeks (maybe 'cause i'm so remote in oregon where we still use pony express)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually get my ebay/china stuff in a week or so or at least USED to. My memory's so shot that it could be six months and I would still think it's a week :)

Meritline a few weeks and yes, DX a long time too. Anyway, whenever it gets there :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered one too 'cause my ebay bucks expired in a week and it would be a shame to loose the 9 bucks :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, apparently mine shipped/ships today so let's see how long it'll take to the east coast.