Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

pc_light

Enlightened
I sort of BOGO'd a Xmas present, got a couple of the 47 Preons on close-out to give as a present for my EMT nephew. I did the exact opposite of some, particularly since he's family - I checked them out and gave the nicer tint/brightest one away.

I kept the greenish dog because I can always swap the emitter for myself.

Happy New Year.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
From Norway, Merry Christmas to all!

May thy stuffings be...stuffed with all things shiny and shining.

I got myself a Fenix CL30R lantern, mostly intended for use at the familiy cabin...but looking at it now, I think I may keep it for myself.
The Fenix TK75 2018 quikcly became the most anticipated light, dare I say of the year, but a somewhat of a let-down too. Not the light itself, but with the "issues" I've had with it (referring to the official Fenix thread on the light).
And I question whether I should regret not just buying a Thrunite TN42 instead.

It starts innocently enough. Next you'll find other lights from other makers that can operate on your 16650's. Then you'll get an 18650 for the improvement in run time. Before long, you'll find a reason to buy dedicated 18650 lights. Might as well get another charger at this point, right? Perhaps now you need a pure bred thrower. And a flood light? What about something for your key chain? Then there are those high CRI emitters...

Me? I can stop anytime. No addiction here.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

I thought I could stop - and would stop - some time ago. But I recently realised the religion has taken me over. I don't think there is no stopping buying new lights now.

There was the traditional El Cheapo introduction. Then a decent light with a decent battery. Then a proper charger. Then a better light with better batteries. Then a thrower. Then more batteries. Then more chargers. Then more lights, at least 1 for every purpose. Then some high-CRI ones. Not to mention my keychains.

I've been telling myself they are all for special, individual purposes...but I fear I have been telling myself lies for at least a year now.
As I read about the "BLF "Giggles" GigaThrower" on this site just a few days ago, and read up a little more on that light, this inner demon called desire quickly came back to me, and so the inner battle commenced yet again.

So, with a New Year looming, I ponder whether I should fight back for real or just...give in, and accept sacrificing the wallet to this endevour, and keep chasing the desire for the perfect light.

Last edited:

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
I gifted myself a boss Ti combo and Okluma Ti DC1. Don't tell the wife.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
I gifted myself a boss Ti combo and Okluma Ti DC1. Don't tell the wife.

A dynamic duo! Better hope she doesn't see the charge account or bank statement. 🧐

[emoji6]

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
I wrapped up the year with a gift to myself, an MK2 Hi-Lo with a crenelated head and a tri-cap. The 3rd and final (for a while) addition to my new Malkoff collection, I had purchased a neutral Wildcat and Houndog XL a little while back.

I gave my 80 year old parents a couple of easy to use lightweight Maglights and a pack of lithium batteries since they will probably sit in a drawer before they use them and din't want the batteries leaking.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
I bought myself an Acebeam EC50 II to be used for nighttime durian hunting missions (I'm in Singapore). I might take it out tonight for its maiden voyage.

druidmars

Enlightened
A lot of self-gifting here. I bought myself a BLF GT and received a couple of edc's.

I took a similar path. BLF GT for me and astrolux S1 for me, Crelant E3 for 9yr old daughter and Fitorch MR35 for the lady. All yet to arrive. Santa is very late this year :devil:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't plan on getting any lights this Christmas, but during a family holiday party some cousins gifted me a BLF Q8 as a graduation present which is really awesome. :) Was super nice of them. Hopefully I can take it out on a night hike sometime soon.

snehh

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone get any nice lights for Christmas?

I didn't get one as a gift, but I bought myself a Surefire G2z Combatlight with Maxvision and a Thyrm Switchback 2.0.

Let's see what you got!

I decided to go for candle lighted christmas this year. nothing but scented candles everywhere with their sweet smelling gragrance. nyassa.

Jimmy_Chimichanga

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a few lights but only one arrived before xmas, the nitecore tip CRI

still waiting on an astrolux s41, a manker e14 II, and just yesterday I ordered a titanium emisar d4 :thumbsup:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Manker E02 as a stocking stuffer to replace my Zebralight AA angle head that died a couple of years ago.

I also got a Rayovac Indestructible 2AA. A gift for myself. I was curious about the "indestructable" line and thought this would be a painless way to try one. Seems pretty decent for a $10 flashlight (got the 300L/70L model).

I ordered myself a Malkoff MDC HA AA in neutral tint, but by the time it gets here, it'll probably be considered a birthday present rather than a Xmas gift.

--flatline

Last edited:

Rexlion

Enlightened
Your picture brought back memories, and evoked an olfactory response. :grin2: I used to have one of those, back in the '70s. It smelled like crap. :sick2: Well, there's a reason for that smell... my eldest brother found it in the manure in a barnyard, washed it off and gave it to me. (That brother is a bigger stinker than the light, but I digress...) Not sure what happened to it; maybe I got tired of the the smell and threw it away, or perhaps it's in a box somewhere in the shed.

As for my new light, the FiTorch MR35 I ordered in November arrived just in time for the holidays. 1200 lumens plus (lower output) R,G,B,and UV. Fun to play with.

rjking

Enlightened
Santa brought me this last Christmas

210ayj8.jpg

But then changed his mind and took it with him when he left.

Stainz

Enlightened
Looks like Santa may be a terrorist!

Like JohnnyBravo, my Christmas gift was a little early - a Surefure UM2 'Baby' Dominator. I love it!!

I got some moola for Christmas and went to Mark's Outdoors, my local (Birmingham) emporium of things bright/sharp/loud for a Surefire goodie just to find that they had dropped them. Sad!!

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Santa (me) decided I was very good and deserving this year. Surefire Aviator, UM2, EDCL2-T, and soon EDCL1-T.

Kamerat

Enlightened
No, my plan is to order 3 identical Zebrlights, open all 3, use all 3, pick 1, and sell the other 2 that I used even if there is nothing wrong with them.

I am a tint snob, I like to get the Cree lights with least green bias in their beams. Others will be happy to receive brand new Zebralights that cost slightly less.

I've done the same! Good luck! Hope you will find the tint you are looking for.

Merry Christmas!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No...

:sigh:

Lol.

Bumping this one before it goes into the page 2 "infinity and beyond abyss" of forgotten threads.

Santa tossed me a bone on January 3rd. A light I was hoping to receive at Christmas, the SureFire EDCL2-t I had ordered in November ended up going out after Christmas.

But he left me some other cool stuff not related to flashlights, saying I was a good boy in general, yet shoulda known the elves at SureFires headquarters would be swamped with orders.

Last edited: