Discussion thread: A2 dumb LED rings - (Onion Ring)

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A2 dumb LED rings - (Onion Ring)

Wow i cant believe I havent heard of this. Im tired of my white leds for my A2. i cant wait. Im gonna get the whole kit. I like that i can just swap LEDs in to suit my mood hehe.

jslappa

Enlightened

This Onion Ring and FM's Strion kit will make my 2 A2's perfect! Bring on the sales thread!

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, but will Fivemega do another run of Strion kits to ride the wave of Aviator fever that this sale thread will cause?

Edit: I hope so!

mwaldron

Enlightened

It has been 781 days (or 2 years, 1 month and 21 days) since I first expressed interest in this thread.

I am still interested and I assure you we are not there yet. We are, however, 781 days closer.

ASheep

Enlightened

Wow I've just read this entire thread, (among countless other A2 threads) because I just purchased my first Surefire, an A2 with white LEDs. It seems this combined with FM's strion kit will make the A2 the perfect light! I'm looking forward to seeing this project come to fruition, even if some of you guys have been waiting more than 2 years.
Maybe by the time these are ready to ship, my bank account will have recovered from the recent bout of purchases, because I'm really interested in one of these!

Inliner

Newly Enlightened

Maybe some popcorn will help my patience...

:popcorn:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

:popcorn:

I am excited as well. I will be ordering also. Better get your A2's while you can...

Koala's onion rings will make the A2 rise again!:thumbsup:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello guys,
**Drumroll** I am back! First of all, thank you for your patience. I took a few days off to run some errands and cleaning so I can get this project up and running again. My apologies for not making them on time, I just couldn't find enough time to start the sales during my traveling previous few months.

Also, thanks to DM51 for moderating before this thread get flooded with over enthusiasm orders. I hope to keep this thread as a discussion thread if the mods are okay with it.

On Sunday 22nd I will create a sales thread where you A2 fans can post your orders. I also need to un-skirt the LEDs and also do quick burn-in test on the rings before sending them out. There will be a simple user instruction regarding the installation and brightness adjustment in the sales thread. At this time I have 50 rings, I will make more when they run out but they are not easy to solder so it will take sometime.

Regarding FiveMega's Strion Socket & Lumens Factory A2 bulb, (as much as I respect FiveMega's product, I've got a Megalennium) I have absolutely no idea if they will work with Onion Rings. Therefore I cannot tell if they will or not work with the Onion Rings. The Onion Rings are made to be 100% compatible with Surefire MA02 bulb.

p1050489s.jpg

Vincent.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic

Great to see you back! :twothumbs:

When you start your sales thread, I think the best thing will be to move this one somewhere else so it can continue as a discussion thread. Until then it can stay here.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great news ! Revival of the A2 !:thumbsup:

ASheep

Enlightened

This is absolutely great news! I'm not going to leave my computer all day sunday now... I've got a funny feeling these are going to sell out in minutes :p
Thanks Koala for all your work on this project!

Inliner

Newly Enlightened

Great news indeed!

This may not be popular, but I hope Koala considers limiting one ring per customer at first - at least to see if the initial batch lasts for more than 30 minutes. I know there are some members out there with more A2s than fingers...