Do Any LED Flashlights Have A Strobe Mode That Switches Patterns Automatically?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
As posted above, do any LED flashlights have a strobe mode that switches patterns automatically?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean that during the strobe operation the pattern is not fixed but variable?
As far as I know, those of Fenix and Klarus are like that

Reactions: JAS

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you mean switching from one strobe pattern automatically to another one while engaged in strobe mode? Yes! Unfortunately that was many years ago that I experienced such a strobe mode on a flashlight. Heck, it's likely one of the countless hundreds upon hundreds of lights I've bought over the decades. Most likely sitting in a storage box for years now. But such a creature does exist. I just don't know the company nor the model designation of it.

Reactions: JAS

DRW

Enlightened
What Dave said.
I realized my Sofirn Sp32 has a flash mode that changes from slower to faster back and forth which may interest you.
That's a pretty good description of what my Fenix PD36R does.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
As posted above, do any LED flashlights have a strobe mode that switches patterns automatically?
Both my Fenix PD35 and PD36R have a strobe mode that switches between two patterns automatically. This makes it more disorienting for the intended target.

3_gun

Enlightened
As far as I know all my lights have a strobe mode but to date I've NEVER used one in 15+ years

Reactions: DRW

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
As far as I know all my lights have a strobe mode but to date I've NEVER used one in 15+ years
I've only played with the mode when I found out it was there but hidden. I have a cheap chinese DIY power bank that does SOS if you hold the power button down for about 5 seconds. I don't find strobe or SOS useful so hiding that mode to me is a non issue as I don't care to skip past the mode to get back to another mode again.

Pentool

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix LD22 that does this. It has 2 strobe patterns that it automatically shifts between when in strobe mode. It's one of several reasons I will keep this light until it gives up the ghost.