Do any of the AAA keychain lights offer a "forever" mode?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The possibility exists that your keychain light might be the only light on you, so should an emergency circumstance demand it, do any of the current AAA lights offer a forever mode? I'm referring to the light remaining in regulation or mostly so, during the bulk of the battery discharge but rather then suddenly or nearly so die, remain in a moonlight mode for a very long extended time. I know the Arc AAA sort of did this although one can question whether it was regulated at all.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess what I am asking is not about being a low mode run king but rather if you are running in high or medium mode and it drops out of regulation, how long will it run at some sort of dim brightness level before completely dying? As you know when some lights drop out of regulation, they die suddenly.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a voltage regulated, as opposed to a current regulated light to do this on a single AAA.

Look at what Peak has to offer. I'm really not sure of any others.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The baby Fenix will give you what you need,a good few hours on its max then another few hours on moon light mode,bright enough for most mini tasks and built like a brick toilet(being polite),as you probably know the english slang we use.;)

Lumenz

Enlightened
The Peak Eiger and Fenix E01 are good choices. The Eiger has the better tint but it comes from Peak which means you will have to use their confusing website and then wait 3 weeks to get it.

vali

Enlightened
You need a voltage regulated, as opposed to a current regulated light to do this on a single AAA.

Look at what Peak has to offer. I'm really not sure of any others.

Why? The E01 has the normal current regulated mode and then the moon mode that last a lot.

vali

Enlightened
I preffer this way, actually. Thinking of getting out of light without any warning doesn't suit me (one of the reasons I am not into li-ion)