**Do any of you have the silver CMG infinity??**

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't buy one, but I just saw some at Eastern Mountain Sports in both black and silver. It's a dull silver/grey finish. It's comparable in attractiveness to the black. I doubt the reflector really boosts light output on this one, though. The finish is too flat.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nonbox:
The silver anodized body CMG infinity came out:

Do any of you have it yet?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got one. It appears a bit dimmer than the black finish, but tested just a touch higher on the potocell.
Old: 1.46mA
New: 1.66mA

Visually, the beam is a touch wider, bluer and dimmer.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I have one blue, one smoke/silver, and one black. Tried side-by-side, the black was dimmest, and the blue and smoke/silver were roughly equivalent. I think CMG is still having some variety in their LED batches.

Btw, this very weekend, the blue and black were given as gifts, so I now have only the smoke/silver one.

Doug

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
I've got one. It appears a bit dimmer than the black finish, but tested just a touch higher on the potocell.
Old: 1.46mA
New: 1.66mA

Visually, the beam is a touch wider, bluer and dimmer.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah! Dimmer even? Geez... Oh well, I did have one briefly, which I thought it made a good "hold it around your neck to find the target in the middle of the night, light"
smile.gif
!

Anyone have a lanyard from one of theses lights they want to send me, for my Baton light?

Doug

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nonbox:
Why do CMGs lack a polished reflector?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably for production cost reasons, partly. Gransee (Peter Gransee of Arclight fame) told us that NOT anodizing the reflector area was one of the tougher technical problems they had to solve when designing the Arc.

Another reason CMG might not be doing it is that "it's always been done that way here." I have NO idea why they decided not to polish the reflector when they were painting the lights instead of anodizing them.

CyberPMG

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclops942:
I have one blue, one smoke/silver, and one black. Tried side-by-side, the black was dimmest, and the blue and smoke/silver were roughly equivalent. I think CMG is still having some variety in their LED batches.

Btw, this very weekend, the blue and black were given as gifts, so I now have only the smoke/silver one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Kris that there is still a variety in the production of the LEDs.

As a recipient of one of the gifts (thanks again Kris!), from my perspective, both the smoke/silver and the black appeared to have the same intensity of light and the blue was dimmer. When I first checked out the light, the black was dimmer, but after I gave it another tight twist, it matched (and I think slightly bettered) the smoke/silver one.

All in all, I am very pleased in its design and functionality. A must have when attending fireworks displays!
grin.gif