Do Hella BiXenon 90mm modules need a second high beam module?

reader2580

Newly Enlightened
I am considering upgrading my bus to the Hella 90mm BiXenon modules. Do I need a separate high beam module in combination with this headlight? My bus has 165mm headlights now so I would have to do some minor fab work to run 90mm modules.

I'm mainly considering this light because posters here have said that Daniel Stern recommends this as the #1 headlight on the market right now. I would really just as well run LED, but it sounds like this might be better than any of the JW Speaker LED headlights. I would consider the JW Speaker 90mm modules if they would be better than the JW Speaker 165mm LED lights.

-Virgil-

Staff member
I am considering upgrading my bus to the Hella 90mm BiXenon modules. Do I need a separate high beam module in combination with this headlight?

No, it produces very good low and high beams all by itself.

I'm mainly considering this light because posters here have said that Daniel Stern recommends this as the #1 headlight on the market right now

H'mm. Are you sure? That doesn't sound like (A) what he's told me, or (B) something he'd say without a big list of asterisks and parentheticals and ifs/ands/buts.

I would really just as well run LED, but it sounds like this might be better than any of the JW Speaker LED headlights. I would consider the JW Speaker 90mm modules if they would be better than the JW Speaker 165mm LED lights.

The JW Speaker 165mm LED lights are definitely better than the JW Speaker 90mm lights.

reader2580

Newly Enlightened
H'mm. Are you sure? That doesn't sound like (A) what he's told me, or (B) something he'd say without a big list of asterisks and parentheticals and ifs/ands/buts.

I'm just going by what posters here have written multiple times when I was searching the forum. I have an email into Daniel Stern asking his opinion on my lighting options. I have purchased from him previously.