Do you like delays on lights at power on?

Do you like delays on lights at power on?

• NO

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • YES

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I want medium output in my ZebraLights, I rarely go through high first. I generally prefer to press and hold to go through low instead. ZebraLights are from from a tactical lighting solution, so the UI is totally acceptable.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS lights are amazing, particularly the high CRI Rotary. Yes, they're expensive (full disclosure: I bought mine before the price increase), but I've never found another light with the same quality and features as HDS.

And while there is a slight delay when switching modes, HDS lights turn on instantly from off.

However, I can see a usability reason for the slight delay: if it was instant then triple clicking would first fire off the double click setting, which may not be desirable (for instance, if the double click setting is set to strobe).

How much in US dollars are HDS lights lately?

CHEERS

Freezer burn

Newly Enlightened
I have a delay on my Nitecore P12 GT if a press the switch slowly. If I press quickly, then there is much less of a delay.

Good to know. I got my GT a couple months ago and was a little annoyed at the (slight) delay. Will try pushing the switch faster.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix RC09 Titanium looks great, i really like the little 16340 lights, was going to throw down some dosh until -

I found this also has the annoying delayed on/off ui.

So which light have you bought?

Delays on lights seem like a big issue to most of us.

CHEERS

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
You didn't miss quote me. I thought you were quoting from my post #55.

Your post #57 was misunderstood on my part.

Post # 59 Ok. I see what your asking.

Off to medium is a PERFECT example of ME rather having to delay through LOW to get to MED , than to double click to MED.

DQG Tini 4th. I can double click to Med without any Hi flash.

I prefer EDCs that I can start on a level of my choice.
I am ok if this means there may be a delay.

I hope this is understandable.

Chad

I like some of the newer lights where you can pick the type of light behavior you want similar to the UIs that Vinh has to offer in his lights.

My older Armytek Predator is fully programmable, it is a pain to set up but after that you finish up with a light that suits your use of the light.

The new Predator that I have does not have any of those programmable features at all.

CHEERS

Last edited: