Votes: 8 13.3%
  • No. They're just tools.

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • I don't have any flashlights.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

SARLights

Newly Enlightened
I know a lot of people here are very attached to your lights. I met a flashaholic yesterday who names his flashlights, and I was wondering if that's a common thing. Do you name your flashlights? Why?

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, not flashlights.... as much as I might love them, the only emotional attachment I have to them is the fact that I would be out a substantial amount of cash if I lost them.

FenixIlluminated

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess that I'm part of the majority..
I also voted "No, their only tools."
I'm new to the passion of flashlights, and new to the forums as well.
The thought never even occurred that I could name it, I just call my light by the model number that it is, and that is the TK45.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
They aren't just tools to me; I like to play with them, modify them, and keep them looking good. They are something I really enjoy, but I wouldn't have thought to name them. The last possession that I considered naming was my mountain bike. I never did name it, but I only have a few bikes, whereas I have a ton of flashlights... I guess they are too numerous and don't have as much "presence" as a bike, so I wouldn't be inclined to give them names.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Oh yes, I name all my flashlights, feed them with batteries and even put them pampers on against leaking batteries...

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Lucciola

redbike

Newly Enlightened
I've gotta say that this is one of the more, errr, eccentric threads I've seen. For those who actually have a life, the job of naming each new purchase would be just a little too odd, IMHO. You give the damned things a name, and what's next? A christening? Birthdays? Sheesh!

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Let's see now. There's Bunny, Lola, Cherry, Ginger, Barbie, Chastity, Trixie, and Cookie. They're all so much fun. :nana:

Geoff

Tilted Brim

Newly Enlightened
I know a lot of people here are very attached to your lights. I met a flashaholic yesterday who names his flashlights, and I was wondering if that's a common thing. Do you name your flashlights? Why?
I named my Surefire E1B Backup Little Nuts.... I felt it was fitting.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend like to call my seraph P7 head and M6 w/ MN21 the "Sun"

My lego PK Porcupine Kroma has a made up SF model number that i gave it, does that count?

K2-PK-PP

chanjyj

Enlightened
I refer to my RA 170T as "Ra". That count? :nana:

My girlfriend calls my:
TK10: TK10
Jetbeam RRT2: Jetbeam
Olight M30: Olight
Olight SR90: SR90
Ra 170T: Ra

Off the top of my head that's the only names (if you can call them names!) to my lights.

Last edited: