Do you plan on getting the H1N1 (swine) flu vaccination shot?

Do you plan on getting the H1N1 (swine) flu shot?

• Yes, I get the flu shot every year

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Yes but this is the first time I have gotten a flu shot

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, I never get a flu shot

Votes: 59 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ and read some of the more recent entries. They've spent a lot of time writing about swine flu and the vaccine lately.

I don't know the affiliation of the writers (government or not), but I do know that they are established practitioners. More importantly, they give exhaustive references so that you can decide for yourself if their reasoning is supported by the facts.

--flatline

Norbert815

Newly Enlightened
@Sgt. LED thanks for the info! I really wish that I could not get it, but my wife (who is a pharmacist) INSISTS that i get the H1N1. I believe in some part that it is a combination of media hype and the Tuskegee experiment all over again: trying to treat a virus that can be treated with all of the ways other members just stated. Eat some soup, take a nap, drink some tea.

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
LOL!!! That's funny man. You got me stopped cold with that one..haha. Yeah, I take care of 45 swimming pools as part of my job so I was thinking about muratic acid in the concentrations used in that application. If you drink a tea spoon of that you'll be headed for the emergency room..:sick2: It's probably different chemically too but I'm very poor at chemistry to be honest. :eek:

The acid in your stomach is the same thing used to balance the ph in swimming pools.

The stomach is protected by the epithelial cells, which produce and secrete a bicarbonate-rich solution that coats the mucosa.

This process fails in some individuals causing an ulcer, or a hole in the stomach.

Ask someone with gastroesophageal reflux (GERD - gastric reflux disease) how pleasant stomach acid can be.

Empath

Flashaholic
Supporter
The thread has become tabloid fodder, blurring the lines between medicine, politics, paranoid conspiracy tales, and science. I had hopped it would become more than that, since the topic is of current value.

The topic is still worthwhile, but it needs to take place in the Underground. There, those that find paranoid conspiratorial pseudo-science to justify strong science based rebuttal, and those that find science and mainline medicine to justify rebuttal, can comfortably speak their piece.

The topic is closed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.