Do you think the new products coming out

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
Cause the old stuff to drop considerably?

I have been buying lately at some decent prices, and was contemplating a U2 purchase. Now with the New Invicta and the second generation U2, I am going to wait.

What do you think the anticipation factor will do to the current prices? Many here will stop buying the "older" equipment, and many here will be looking to sell stuff to make room and generate some revenue for new stuff.

So, maybe at more affordable prices on the old stuff I will end up with both generations! God if my wife gets wind of this, You may be seeing an estate sale soon!!

She has told me she doesn't believe in divorce, only in being a widow!!:caution::faint:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: DO YOU THINK THE NEW PRODUCTS COMING OUT WILL CAUSE THE OLD STUFF TO DROP CONSIDE

Please shorten your thread title - it is too long. Please also bear in mind that using uppercase letters signifies 'shouting'. Is that the effect you want?

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
Re: DO YOU THINK THE NEW PRODUCTS COMING OUT WILL CAUSE THE OLD STUFF TO DROP CONSIDE

Please shorten your thread title - it is too long. Please also bear in mind that using uppercase letters signifies 'shouting'. Is that the effect you want?
No actually in a header it is used for attracting attention.

DM51

Flashaholic

No actually in a header it is used for attracting attention.
Well, there is no doubt that it has attracted my attention - but perhaps not in quite the way you might have had in mind.

It would be unwise for you to argue further about this. Kindly change it to something more sensible.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
Re: DO YOU THINK THE NEW PRODUCTS COMING OUT WILL

z282z06, it's best not to argue with the moderators about the rules of conduct.

To your original point, that seems to be the life cycle of most products whether they be technology, entertainment, etc ...:

Old products get heavily discounted to make way for the new ones.

However, Surefire seems to have their own set of rules. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for these to go on sale at a 50-70% discount like
other brands have.

jugg2

Enlightened

z282z06, it's best not to argue with the moderators about the rules of conduct.

+1

You can pre-order the Optimus for the same price as the original U2. That looks to me like it will phase out the original U2. The price may go down, but some may love the U2 original and dislike the Optimus (unlikely but possible) therefore the price may stay the same...

EDIT: Sorry for the bold type, I don't know how that happened?...

Last edited:

knightrider

Enlightened

lapolicegear sent me a pre-order for the new U2 also. Won't charge my card until it ships.

Concerning the pricing of old SFs versus new SFs look at ebay. The new E1L and E2L are selling at only $10 more than the older lux 3 versions. Not a big discount at all in my opinion. Considering the run time differences (and beam shape) between the lux 3 and the new cree versions for only $10 more - it amazes me that the older technology is still being bought up. Probably by people that don't have the information we have here.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

what? speak up boy.
Now now, be nice....:tsk:

Its hard to say what the future prices for the U2 might be, but stuff like the Original Style Arc LS can sell for more then the msrp. Old style flat bodied L1s also sell for more i think. All on BST of course.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

HBlight

Newly Enlightened
I just get my first Surefire LED (my second surefire so far). I got a 6P LED. It is good but I have a mix of feelings about it: It is solid, looks nice, very good so far. However if you compare the light power, it is one of the most expensive lights on the marketing.

For example:

My Fenix T1, I paid $80.00. So we have $80.00 / 220 Lumens, we have approx $0.37 per lumen.
My 6P LED, I paid $85.00. So we have $85.00 / 80 Lumens, we have $1.06 per lumen.

Here is the "Million Lumens" question: What really counts on the flashlight isn't the power in lumens it creates?

New or old Surefire products will always be expansive and very rare it will loose its value.

It is not that I don't like Surefire; I just love to be controversial!!!!:duh2:

HBlight
***No Guns *** No Firearms***

DM51

Flashaholic

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sunewit.html
LA Policegear has them available for pre-order.
They do not have them available. No dealer yet has them available. LAPG are simply starting a list, without having any idea when these lights will be available.

It is very premature of them to do this IMO. Better dealers will wait until they know when they will be receiving stock.

My strong advice would be to wait until better dealers like OpticsHQ, Battery Junction etc have started their lists.