Do you use your lights hard or do you pamper them?

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't purposely abuse my lights just to see if they can "take it", but I don't pamper them, either. My HDS Rotary has a few dings, but I don't care. It gives it character.

lefteye219

Enlightened
I just have 2 currently one maglite and one Coolfall Tri-V2. My Maglite is pretty beaten up but I do pamper the CoolFall Tri-V2. I do use it on weekends and evenings but not hard carefree way. Looking to add a Surefire E1b and Nitecore SRT5 to my collection.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
a9avu8y6.jpg

Couple that I use hard.

Nightflash

Newly Enlightened
I use them to give light:) While I try to avoid purposeful scratches they just might drop, it happens, wet they get anyway and I do use them underwater too within the 2 m ranges. All are fine and run well as they are meant to be rough, some have minor scratches. Quite happy and impressed with the taking qualities all our well anodized and IPX8 standard compliant lights have (compared to former D-cell supermarket models).

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. Some vn/esee love :D

Really put those blades to the test today. They are great. Highly recommended.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't pamper my lights. But don't go out of my way to abuse them. I expect them to survive and perform well under a variety of circumstances. Though, I expect more (far more) from my SureFires than any other lights I own. So far, not disappointed.

callmaster

Enlightened
I don't shelf queen nothing. All my lights/knives/multi-tools get used hard at work and wherever else.

prop

Newly Enlightened
I posted this pic in another thread asking for some tailcap conversion advice, but thought you lot might like to see it too. Its my old Z2 that I carried for a couple of years on patrol duty.

I didn't use it especially hard but I didn't pamper it. Same thing goes for the rest of my lights, although I'll admit I've been watching out for my Lawman a little bit more than the rest of my lights :)

13927684490_5057b6fa77_b.jpg

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a classic light!
I have a Z2 as well.
My Z2 is my "check under the car hood" go to flashlight.
I love that light.

I posted this pic in another thread asking for some tailcap conversion advice, but thought you lot might like to see it too. Its my old Z2 that I carried for a couple of years on patrol duty.

I didn't use it especially hard but I didn't pamper it. Same thing goes for the rest of my lights, although I'll admit I've been watching out for my Lawman a little bit more than the rest of my lights :)

13927684490_5057b6fa77_b.jpg

Kingfisher

Enlightened
I like to take photos when my lights are brand new and free from dust and scratches - then I just use them as normal. Don't have anything expensive enough to pamper, and when I get new model I tend to give away my previous lights.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I abuse my wife, pamper my tools. Ohhhh wait........... No...... Yeah that's right.......

markr6

Flashaholic
Difficult to nail this thread down.

Screwdrivers are tools. I beat them up pretty good tossing them in a toolbox, throwing and sliding them across the floor or even using them as pry bars. So I beat up tools.

Flashlights are tools. Does that mean I throw my $90 flashlight across the dirty concrete garage floor?

N_N_R

Enlightened
My Fenix LD05 just survived its second, third or fourth fall from waist level this week.... poor guy's a month and a half old and has been dropped on the tiles perhaps over a dozen of times *facepalm*

ven

Flashaholic
My Fenix LD05 just survived its second, third or fourth fall from waist level this week.... poor guy's a month and a half old and has been dropped on the tiles perhaps over a dozen of times *facepalm*

It has size or rather lack of on its side,do that to a heftier light and you would not be as lucky...........i find tiles very unforgiving at best:(

callmaster

Enlightened

Screwdrivers are tools. I beat them up pretty good tossing them in a toolbox, throwing and sliding them across the floor or even using them as pry bars. So I beat up tools.

Flashlights are tools. Does that mean I throw my $90 flashlight across the dirty concrete garage floor?

If it has to happen, it has to happen.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pamper my wife, not my tools. Flashlights are tools.

I abuse my wife, pamper my tools. Ohhhh wait........... No...... Yeah that's right.......

Too funny...

My work flahlights get abused. My non work lights are taken care of. Not pampered.