Does a manufactures command of the English language influence your opinion of them?

Paladin

Enlightened
Re: Does a manufactures command of the English language influence your opinion of t

And what about your "second language" :)

Sadly lacking. Treba me pivo. Visited Dubrovnik and Belgrade in the early/mid 1960's. Toured Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Romania. I have distant family relatives in Romania (Transylvania region). Paladin

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Does a manufactures command of the English language influence your opinion of t

I am reasonably sure that the cost of a proper translation is not going to add significantly to the cost of a flashlight. Companies that do not feel that getting the instructions translated correctly are likely to cut costs in quality as well.
I rest my case with this.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does a manufactures command of the English language influence your opinion of t

I am reasonably sure that the cost of a proper translation is not going to add significantly to the cost of a flashlight. Companies that do not feel that getting the instructions translated correctly are likely to cut costs in quality as well.
I rest my case with this.

Excellent example. I would not buy the battery. I would be afraid of getting hurt by the battery. It should have defective written on it.
I think the product should have correct spelling for the intended market. That does influence my opinion of the product quality. I just read the directions for my Nitecore TM26. The spelling and grammar are excellent English. The same light with poor spelling and grammar written on it would lower my opinion of the lights quality.
Great English written on a lousy battery or flashlight would probably make me think it was better quality too.
I have no problem trying to communicate with someone with poor English skills. It can frustrate me sometimes but as long as I feel my message is understood, no concerns.
Ultrc firc should hire an English teacher and charge 5 more dollars for the same battery. They would have a better chance of getting away with it !

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't forget about the warining (OOPs should be warning?)