Does an uncentered LED bother you?

lapd.erik

Newly Enlightened
Post the pic if the emitter up rocket so we can all see it. If its really bad I'm sure David and his team would take are of it. He stands behind his products.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also hate it!

I think it's quite sad that this problem actually exists. In a factory environment it shouldn't be that difficult to make a centering "rig"...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yeah, I find it fairly annoying. I really only purchase higher quality products that have a good reputation and following here at CPF.

It bothers me more on a single LED lights because it's more apparent in the beam on a white wall.

I would strongly disagree that it's hard for an LED to be off-center enough to be visible in the beam. You could give me 5 of the same model light and after white wall-ing them I can tell you which has the most centered LED, especially the case with a smooth reflector. In practical use however, I don't think a slightly off-center LED has much of a bearing in a non-throw style torch.

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
Post the pic if the emitter up rocket so we can all see it. If its really bad I'm sure David and his team would take are of it. He stands behind his products.

I took a deep breath, went in and fixed it. All is good here. When I get a chance, I'll post a photo here anyways just to see what you guys think.

Last edited: