Does anyone own a ccrane quickcharger? How is it?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Does anyone own a ccrane quickcharger? How is

With a simple search you can find a lot of information. I think THIS THREAD is a good place to start for information.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Every bay in mine has busted the spring thing... so I use #2 rubber bands per two bays each.

Most cells it takes up to 1.45v or so, some stop at 1.36v or so and need another cycle.

It discharges as well, and I do that every now and then on AAs. I have 6 C NiMH and it does them too.

I'd buy another if I could afford to.

N162E

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Every bay in mine has busted the spring thing... so I use #2 rubber bands per two bays each.
Most cells it takes up to 1.45v or so, some stop at 1.36v or so and need another cycle.
I'd buy another if I could afford to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Held together with rubber bands and undercharges your cells!! Why would you buy another?

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've had mine for over a year. I keep it on my desk at work and probably use it a couple times a week on average. Recommended.

Besides, the display gives you something fun to watch........

Doug Owen

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

People either love this charger or hate it.

I've had two new units which were produced 12-14 months apart. You guys who broke your battery holders are luckier than I was. Both of my units were totally psycotic right out of the box. Even though they were from different production runs, separated by months and months, the two units I was shipped should never have gotten out of quality control. They were a PITA even though CCrane tried to handle it well. They are nuts to keep shipping them.

When I finally realized that my life was just too short to keep hoping for a magic charger (one that worked) from CCrane I bought an AccuManager 20. It cost a little more. On the bright side, it's a smart charger -- not a psycotic charger.

I still order other things from CCrane. Other than that charger their stuff is good and they treat their customers very well.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Sub Umbra
Psycotic Charger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
I remember your postings about the charger problems. You've always said Ccrane's customer service tried to help.