Does the Centurion C3 offer anything that is not seen in other lights?

s.duff

Enlightened
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
282
Just wondering if the C3 addresses something not seen in another Surefire light. I know the C2 is pretty comparable to the M2, but the M3 does not run on the same bulbs as the C3. In fact, other than the 9P, I'm not seeing others that run on the P90 and P91. If one was to use a one cell extender on the M2 the P90 and can be used right? and is there anything else that the C3 offers?
 

NAW

Enlightened
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
739
The C3 offers a clip & HAIII.

Also the C series looks much nicer than P series lights. :)
 

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
16,140
Location
Old World
Yeah. Looks. :D
It can house the über-cool KT1 TH ... which makes a stunning combo on that body.

SFC3SW01front.jpg



Or the KL5 ... not that bad either:

SurefireC3SW02KL5.jpg



bernie
 

s.duff

Enlightened
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
282
but, the KL3, the KL5, and the KT1 all will fit on the 6p, 6p with extender, and the 9p. so i guess it comes down to just looks (which i totally agree with, i prefer the tactical look of the C series) and the clip. i would have thought the clip would be a pretty cool feature as well, but it seems that a few people have opted to remove the clips on these longer bodies, are they pretty worthless?
 

xobloof

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
20
Location
Oregon
s.duff said:
but, the KL3, the KL5, and the KT1 all will fit on the 6p, 6p with extender, and the 9p. so i guess it comes down to just looks (which i totally agree with, i prefer the tactical look of the C series) and the clip. i would have thought the clip would be a pretty cool feature as well, but it seems that a few people have opted to remove the clips on these longer bodies, are they pretty worthless?

I really like the clip. I have a 9p, and a Leef Nat 18500x2 but prefer the C3 most of the time because of the pocket clip. Even though the C3 means running 17500s instead of the 18xxxs. Looks like I may have to bore out the C3.
 

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
3,946
Location
Michigan
I at first did not like the clip. After going to Colorado for vacation I totally changed my mind. It is very useful when you'd least expect it to be. I also agree the C3 looks awesome with the KT1, KL3, KL5 heads and of coarse the SW02 tailcap. There is just something about the square body with the rubber grip ring that fits the hand so nice. I don't have a C3, but the L5 body is great. Nice versital body and many options for upgrades, such as:
C-P series to M series adaptor available through Lighthound.com that allows you to use M-series heads and bulbs. Add a cell extender (available from lighthound.com) and you now can use 12 Volt bulbs (up to 500 Lumens) With the addition of either a KT1 or KT4 head. Lots of drop in LED modules for the stock head.
 

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
3,467
Location
Chicagoland
The G3 is another option that uses the P90/P91. The clip on the C3 did not seem substantial enough to me when I owned one. I tightened the clip on mine (as I do with all my SF clips) to make it a bit more useful, but I wouldn't trust it if I were doing any kind of strenuous activity. There have been a few times that I regret having sold mine, but I upgraded to the M3/M3T and have been much more pleased with them (I like the round body better). I think my G3 has replaced the niche that the C3 held for my uses. :)
 

s.duff

Enlightened
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
282
The L5 body is pretty much the same as the C2, but the L6 body is not the same as the C3 right?
 

SunStar

Enlightened
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
223
s.duff said:
Just wondering if the C3 addresses something not seen in another Surefire light. I know the C2 is pretty comparable to the M2, but the M3 does not run on the same bulbs as the C3. In fact, other than the 9P, I'm not seeing others that run on the P90 and P91. If one was to use a one cell extender on the M2 the P90 and can be used right? and is there anything else that the C3 offers?

In direct comparison to the M3, the C3 is significantly smaller and its output is similar - a little more floody but output wise - similar. Add the M2 bezel and you have a very tough, shock isolated light that is still smaller than the M3. Plus you have the square combat grip (v. round of the M3) and the pocket clip (unlike the M3).

Sure... you can use the M2 + extender with the P90 but the combat grip is compromised. If that is unimportant to you, than that may be your best option. Some extenders incorporate combat grip design too which may or may not meet your needs.
 

philman

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
8
I am curious about the c3 with the m2 bezel. Does anyone know where to find an m2 head/bezel? thanks
 

defusion

Enlightened
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
459
philman said:
I am curious about the c3 with the m2 bezel. Does anyone know where to find an m2 head/bezel? thanks
i believe lighthound offers them

brightspot said:
AND WHERE DOES ONE GET THAT KL2 CRENELATED BEZEL?
The KL2 is end-of-life, and only fits on M series body's (M3,M4,M6,L6). If you want one you need to resort to the B/S/T section.
 

Chawarito

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
35
s.duff said:
The L5 body is pretty much the same as the C2, but the L6 body is not the same as the C3 right?

From what i can see on my lights and what i am told the L5 is based off of the M2 and the L6 was based off of the M3. It doesnt look like surefire is still producing it though. the L5 can be used with all of the accessories that the M2 offers. I do have a L5 and a M2 and when compaired, the body is exactly the same, the only major difference is the head used and tailcap.
 

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
4,526
Location
USA
xobloof said:
I really like the clip. I have a 9p, and a Leef Nat 18500x2 but prefer the C3 most of the time because of the pocket clip. Even though the C3 means running 17500s instead of the 18xxxs. Looks like I may have to bore out the C3.


I think there will be higher powered batteries in the future in 17500 size that will make current 18500's look like a joke, so I'm leaving all my Sure-Fire light bodies alone.

I agree though about the pocketclip. I really dislike how there is so little thought put into pocketclips or holsters solutions nowadays. What could is a light if it's a PITA to carry? I just end up not carrying or using it very often. Which makes me question why I have it, and why I should buy others like it.

I have an older style C3 with the original pocketclip. The current style pocketclip is about half as thick, much flimsier I think and not as good a design for ease of use. Good thing they are easy to replace I guess.
 
Last edited:
Top