Does the Princeton Tec 2AA Halogen HPR-52 lamp fit the Mini Mag-Lite 2AA?

Velcro

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the Princeton Tec 2AA Halogen HPR-52 lamp fits the Mini Mag-Lite 2AA?

Greetings,
Velcro

P.S.: Who makes the lamps for Princeton Tec?

Brock

Flashaholic
The mini-mag uses a small bi-pin lamp, the HPR-52 is a PR base lamp, or sometimes called flange lamps. So they won't fit. If you want a higher power lamp for the AA mag I would suggest the Brinkman Nextstar lamp
http://www.thebrinkmanncorp.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=8&Product_ID=511&CATID=2

It is about 1.5 times brighter and does go through batteries faster, but it is the only way I can use Mini-mags now. It also fits in the AAA mag.

Velcro

Enlightened
Aaarggh! How stupid of me. I should have known that they don't fit the Mini Mag. Just like you said, they are PR base lamps! And at the time I wrote that post I was even testing a Philips HPR-52 lamp! So I really should have known better. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I feel embarrassed now.
blush.gif
Oh well, it was late anyway...
smile.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

Gandalf

Enlightened
Yeah, like we're going to give you a really bad time for making a simple mistake! I blew out a P60 SurFire lamp, Putting it in my 9P. Now, that's a mistake that deserves some abuse! But it was late, and I was tired....
blush.gif
shocked.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Don't feel bad right after I got my E2 I had both the E1 and E2 apart and put the E1 lamp in the E2. I turned it on later and for a second I thought "man this is a lot brighter then I remember", then Poof, it went out. It was about 250 lumens for about 2 seconds
smile.gif