Dorcy?

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
does anyone out there have a soft spot for Dorcy? or just an extensive collection? (more than two or three). pictures please if possible

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like what I see on their web site and I want one of those Dorcy 1xCR123 lights, but they don't sell them up here in the (soon to be) frozen tundra.

I currently have 7 of those 9 LED 3xAAA plastic lights..they multiply like rabbits :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Several members collect the Nichia 1AAA Dorcy. I would love to have at least 2-3 of the non-fish eye version... if I could find them.

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
I have a rare, black, Dorcy AAA keychain light with a reflector.

The other colors are far easier to find, and they all usually come with the fish-eye optic. (The reflector version is better).

Check out the link below for some of the Uber rare pics of this near-mythical light.

http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FLR_Drcy1AAA.htm

dude, that thing is super sexy
I like what I see on their web site and I want one of those Dorcy 1xCR123 lights, but they don't sell them up here in the (soon to be) frozen tundra.
i have one of them and its a good little flashlight, but for $20 plus the money I'm going to have to spend on 123 batteries, the light itself could be brighter

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
I currently have 7 of those 9 LED 3xAAA plastic lights..they multiply like rabbits :)

why would you buy 7 of them? lol, there are only like 4 colors including the camo one, i think the other three are yellow, blue and red

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, if someone gets into CR123 cells; it's better to save up for a light worth the extra cost of the cells. (Even if you buy Made in America CR123 cells, in order to save a bit of money).

For lights that take one CR123 cell, my Dorcy Super 1watt is nice.... My Novatac 120P is even nicer.

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
Honestly, if someone gets into CR123 cells; it's better to save up for a light worth the extra cost of the cells. (Even if you buy Made in America CR123 cells, in order to save a bit of money).

For lights that take one CR123 cell, my Dorcy Super 1watt is nice.... My Novatac 120P is even nicer.
yea the Dorcy Super 1watt is what i have and it is nice, it just fails in comparison to my Dorcy K2 Luxeon, but i guess its not a fair comparison

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
why would you buy 7 of them? lol, there are only like 4 colors including the camo one, i think the other three are yellow, blue and red
They were on sale for half price and make decent emergency lights with their 40 hour rumtime. That and the Mrs. told me to buy more :)

I have yellow, blue, black (discontinued), and teal. Just need red and camo and I'll have a complete set :D

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
They were on sale for half price and make decent emergency lights with their 40 hour rumtime. That and the Mrs. told me to buy more :)

I have yellow, blue, black (discontinued), and teal. Just need red and camo and I'll have a complete set :D
now black is something i would go for, i have a blue? wait what does teal look like, it may be teal and not blue

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
liberty1992 you better get to bed or you'll be late for school tomorrow:crackup:

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
yea i know :( like always, well more just tired, btw you can just call me Liberty

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one Dorcy (still starting out on that segment of my collection) that I reckon is quite nice (make a good mod host too), the 3xAAA 1w Luxeon light with tail clicky *cough* tactical *cough* sorry but that word gets overused in relation to flashlights IMHO ;)

Here's a dismantled picture of the light itself...

dorcy1wtacticalbk4.jpg

FWIW there's a new variant I saw in a catalogue recently not sure of the product number, anyway it comes with what appears to be a mildly crenelated bezel, tail switch, nylon pouch & better (Eveready) batteries @ $30.00 AUD most tempting :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
I've got one Dorcy (still starting out on that segment of my collection) that I reckon is quite nice (make a good mod host too), the 3xAAA 1w Luxeon light with tail clicky *cough* tactical *cough* sorry but that word gets overused in relation to flashlights IMHO ;)

Here's a dismantled picture of the light itself...

**PICTURE**

FWIW there's a new variant I saw in a catalogue recently not sure of the product number, anyway it comes with what appears to be a mildly crenelated bezel, tail switch, nylon pouch & better (Eveready) batteries @ $30.00 AUD most tempting :thumbsup:
thats cool i haven't seen anything like that here in the States

Take a look here. Teal on the left, blue on the right.
oh ok, yea i have blue then

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
I guess you haven't stopped by Wal-Mart lately. :)

I knew those pieces looked familiar. Dorcy Metal Gear.

Here's a review....
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/dorcy_metalgear.htm
actually i started a post in the general section of the forums for my recent trip to Wal-Mart, i dont go to Wal-Mart very often actually, mostly because my Wal-Mart sucks when it comes to flashlights, all they have is AA Mini Mags in one color, AAA Mag Solitaires in one color, some crappy Eveready flashlights and some ridiculously overpriced flood lights

T3hk1w1

Newly Enlightened
I love Dorcy Metal Gears, my local warmart had them on closeout for $9 each about 6 months ago...I bought 4. For a cheap flashlight they are pretty bright, and they are really tough.

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
Does somebody have a picture of the package that the aaa dorcy came in.
Or is there a clone somebody makes? I have seen this light at K-mart in Ohio I believe, just wonder if it's the same one.
I have a few dorcy's They are nice for loaner lights. I also have the black metal gear it was 6 dollars at the mega-lo mart buy me.