Dream trips/adventures yet to do?

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
Got married in October Drove from NH to Nova Scotia for the honeymoon 16 hr drive all me.. Anyway got in at 2am checked in slept in woke up we were at the Keltic Lodge in Ingonish.

Unreal place beautiful views you are out on a peninsula, so you look out one side and see ocean turn 180 look out the other its ocean. We got Dumb luck we scheduled our wedding for 10-10 as I wanted the easy date and she wanted to get married before she was 40 (LOL) When we got to Ingonish it was Monday the 12th Canadian Thanksgiving ( awesome ) I love turkey dinners. It was also in the middle of Keltic Colours for them a two week festival all over Nova Scotia of Music, Art and Lots of other festivities to partake in.

We got tickets to a Small concert just down the road and saw 3 incredible performers. The Fall floiage was just coming in as it was 2 weeks late due to warm weather. The views on the cabot trail up there are just amazing and the driving is SOOO FUN 2 lane roads that hug the coastline and its 80km/hr in most of it. JUST NUTS but I loved it.

Only thing I wished I could have changed was making it a 2 week outing instead of just 1.

Firebottle

Newly Enlightened
My big 3 are the trans america trail (tat). The Appalachian trail and Alaska. Can't wait!

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
I dream about travelling to different countries and see their numerous beautiful tourists spots. I want to see the 10 most amazing islands. I'll start with Santorini . It is an island in the Greece's mainland.[FONT=&quot]

[h=2][/h][/FONT]

candelier

Newly Enlightened
I dream of sailing through middle Europe from North Sea to Black Sea through Elbe and Danube.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm adding one to my list- the Trans American Trail. North Carolina to the Oregon coast, on dirt. Either via Jeep or a small dual sport or enduro motorcycle. It fascinates me that in 2016, in the U.S., you can travel that far off-road.

joney

Newly Enlightened
I also have a dream plan to go for and these days looking to spend some time around Vermont to have some time and enjoy skiing as well as snow tubing in upcoming days to make my winners more special for me. I hope will be a nice sort of travel time for me.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I'm adding one to my list- the Trans American Trail. North Carolina to the Oregon coast, on dirt. Either via Jeep or a small dual sport or enduro motorcycle. It fascinates me that in 2016, in the U.S., you can travel that far off-road.
Huh; that should be awesome with a mountain bike as well. :huh:

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
1. Hiking to the top of Mt Whitney.

2. Camping and hiking in Mineral King (Sequoia NP).

3. Backpacking in the Grand Canyon (maybe for a couple of days at least).

4. Backpacking in the high back country in Yosemite (I usually just hike up out of the valley and back down to basecamp).

5. Camping and hiking in Olympic NP.

6. Camping and hiking in Joshua Tree NP (never been desert camping).

Probably a million other things which don't come to mind at the moment. ;)

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Hiking to the top of Mt Whitney.

2. Camping and hiking in Mineral King (Sequoia NP).

3. Backpacking in the Grand Canyon (maybe for a couple of days at least).

4. Backpacking in the high back country in Yosemite (I usually just hike up out of the valley and back down to basecamp).

5. Camping and hiking in Olympic NP.

6. Camping and hiking in Joshua Tree NP (never been desert camping).

Probably a million other things which don't come to mind at the moment. ;)

Desert camping is awesome!. If you do it a telescope is recommended.

Death Valley is a great place also.

Subterrestrial

Newly Enlightened
Desert camping is awesome!. If you do it a telescope is recommended.

Death Valley is a great place also.

Capital idea! I get some great, clear views of the nighttime sky when I'm camping in the mountains but with the trees and surrounding peaks I never really have an unobstructed view from horizon to horizon the way I would in the desert.

cdf294

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I enjoy warmth, clear water, snorkeling, hiking, and quiet seclusion so small islands that most people have never heard of are where we like to go. Thinking we will end up on some little sand spit in the Maldives or Cook Islands in the future.
Thankfully, if we don't get around to it, we have been blessed enough to have already taken what we consider to be our once in a lifetime vacation.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind heading up to Whistler B.C. for some biking activities either. That will be a tough sell to the wife though.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still hoping to pull off the Aussie right-of-passage road trip across the Nullabor (Adelaide to Perth) and/or from Adelaide to Darwin via Uluru.

Preferably in one of these:
Ford-Falcon-XF-1986-2LR.jpg

the stereotypical big aussie sedan - barn door simple and built to roll along those endless kilometres...

...or an Aston Martin. Either way.

So, it's been a while - but I'm actually booked to drive from Melbourne to Darwin, via Adelaide and Uluru, at the end of April. I see the A&Q section doesn't see much love here these days (since Norm's passing I haven't really felt like being back here) but I pledge to post up an Adventure Diary once I get back from my 4,500km road trip.

So very excited!

Nichia!

Banned
I always wanted to see the world and live the adventure..

Last edited: