Driver board list / regulator board list.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys did you check Dx latelyZ? There are new boards....Among them a driver taht seems like a new Keenan-type, a new 3xAMC3175 board, and a 4xAMC3175 board with NO modes...
and one of them is 16mm so were are set for D26 module sandwiches easy!
I saw those last night. It's too bad they had to toss a strobe mode in the 3-mode ones.

az113

Newly Enlightened
I think, it may be interesting and useful:
Today I have disassembled Cree R2 drop-in from DX, and have found out that inside is board with IC, on it designations are jammed.

I look very it is attentive, and could read inscriptions on the case.
They say:

Techcode
TD1410
M8733211

This is 2A 380KHZ 20V PWM Buck DC/DC Converter
Datasheet can be found here: TD1410 datasheet

Another module arrived with UltraFire WF-501B Camouflaged Cree R2-WC has a very similar board, with little differences.

Enjoy!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm another version of the Keenan type?

BTW I have measured 2 versions oif the driver and output efficiency is only about 63%!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
hmmm another version of the Keenan type?

BTW I have measured 2 versions oif the driver and output efficiency is only about 63%!

FWIW... I pulled these boards out of my 2 year old 11836 modules.
dscn1584b.jpg

I don't think the current rendition SKU:11836 is as good as the ones they used to make. The current 11836 barely makes 140 Lumens OTF.:sigh:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does come with (short) wires, and no they are not soldered on. I just ended up using some teflon wire I got on cpf.

I have to admit, the only thing that really bugs me is the 2-3 second memory mode. THe PWM is not too bad, and the 3 modes (low to high) are really cool.
Do these circuits have any other features such as over-discharge protection or reverse polarity protection?

I think I'm going to order a few of them and rid my drop-ins of blinkitis :D

supasizefries

Enlightened
Maybe I missed it in this thread, but does anyone have a viable driver to supply up to 5A for the Luminus SST-50?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I have a couple of questions about the use of some of these drivers.

If a driver uses a PWM for dimming does this mean that turning it on a lower mode will NOT conserve the batteries?

Same question for drivers using the 7135 chip set. Will I get more run time using the low mode on this type of driver?

Thanks.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes you will conserve your batteries, because using PWM, a driver is drawing the same amount of power from the battery while it's on, but it's only on part of the time. So there's pretty much a linear relationship between the lowness of the mode and how much battery juice it's sucking. The AMC7135 is a fixed current regulator, so to get lower modes it has to be run with PWM, which will give a longer runtime proportionally.

BTW, I've finally got around to adding all the BuckPucks, BoostPucks, MicroPucks etc to the list.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a Buck driver for a Halloween project with STROBE. It will run of 13.8V Lead Acid battery

13.8V capable Buck Regulated driver
able to run multiple (2-5) 3W LED's (Cree Q5, Seoul P4, equivalent)
Strobe, FAST!, or with on-board pot to adjust frequency
Memory, or only one mode, strobe

It can either be turned off with power, or via switching, as long as it comes on violent strobe mode on demand.

Anyone know of such a driver??

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know where to connect the battery negative on this board http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=9908. I know they normally go to the perimeter of the board but I don't want to risk frying it.
Are those two pictures the two sides of the board you have? The second one really isn't good quality. Why so many components? It does look like the outer ring is battery negative but I've never used it.

I need a Buck driver for a Halloween project with STROBE. It will run of 13.8V Lead Acid battery

13.8V capable Buck Regulated driver
able to run multiple (2-5) 3W LED's (Cree Q5, Seoul P4, equivalent)
Strobe, FAST!, or with on-board pot to adjust frequency
Memory, or only one mode, strobe

It can either be turned off with power, or via switching, as long as it comes on violent strobe mode on demand.

Anyone know of such a driver??
I don't think a commonly available off-the-shelf driver exists with those requirements, and given the time constraints you'd be lucky to get it and put everything together in time.

But there are ways to do it without ordering a driver. Personally, I'd probably make an astable multivibrator. It would allow me to get whatever strobe period and flash duration I wanted by selecting component values accordingly, with or without potentiometers to change things on the fly.

Edit: Some circuit diagrams show the LED(s) in series with R1 (and R4 if it's not a strobe) with electrolytic capacitors, some circuit diagrams show them in series with the emitter of Q1. R4 could be quite big because you wouldn't need to use any of the current on that side of the multivibrator.

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
TorchBoy,

Thanks for the help! I was hoping there was a driver like used in the Jetbeam I.B.S. I may just have to buy a 25W Mini Strobe Light and operate it via relay.

I have a Jack-O-Lantern hanging above my door, and inside is a 12V compressor and dual trumpet air-horns that operate via wireless remote. I wanted to ad the strobe to it this year.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may just have to buy a 25W Mini Strobe Light and operate it via relay.
That certainly sounds easier.
I have a Jack-O-Lantern hanging above my door, and inside is a 12V compressor and dual trumpet air-horns that operate via wireless remote. I wanted to ad the strobe to it this year.
You are evil. Don't forget to take photos. :devil:

smelly

Newly Enlightened
Hi Torchboy

Yes the photos are of the 2 sides of the board and I don't understand why so many components for a buck driver but yo know what KD's descriptions are like. I momentarily wired it up last night using the outer as battery negative and it drew far too much current. I may have wrecked it.

BowHunterk

Newly Enlightened
please forgive me as you can see, i am still "Unenlightened". i am working with a 24V battery and an led light that is 4- 3w led and has only on/off. i would like to make it, high, low, strobe. can anyone recomend a driver, puck, drawing, or any help.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
smelly, I guess you'll have to trace the circuit and see if you can make sense of it.

BowHunterk, the only two drivers in the list that have that sort of input voltage and multiple modes are both from the same place, so I suggest you start there and ask if one can be programmed with the exact modes you want.

http://www.taskled.com/bflex.html (may need the odd dropping diode to cope with a fully charged battery) and http://www.taskled.com/nflex.html.

BowHunterk

Newly Enlightened
they have stopped production on the nflex but i think the bflex will fit the bill. thank you evryone for all the help i have gotten here! i cant believe i have spent this much time living in the dark. hopefuly after a few more Q&A sessions i can get my degree in electrical engineering. i love this place! lovecpf

Last edited: