Driver board list / regulator board list.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice list. It helps to sort out some of the differences.

I would separate boost from buck/boost types, and linear from buck. I suppose there are five types:

boost
buck/boost
buck
linear
direct drive (pwm control)

I don't see the HipCC here, the HipFlex or the D2Flex.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another circuit board missing is the constant current regulated board used in the L-Mini II, which is available separately from Shiningbeam.

A 3-mode driver with reverse polarity protection, voltage cut-off, and memory.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I see you had already mentioned PWM in your original post :ohgeez:

Just wanted to check on the mode sequence because it's shown as H/M/L on the KD site.

MorePower

Enlightened
Yep, PWM, not too bad tho.

Sequence is L-M-H!

Any estimates on current draw for low and medium? Also, what's the highest voltage you've run it on? KD says it's good for up to 6V, but... well, you know how their specs are sometimes.

gunga

Flashaholic
I've only used it with 18650. It's an AMC7135 based board, so 6 V would be maximum, but not super recommended. These are linear regulators.

I have not checked current yet, will try to do so at some point.

MorePower

Enlightened
I've only used it with 18650. It's an AMC7135 based board, so 6 V would be maximum, but not super recommended. These are linear regulators.

I have not checked current yet, will try to do so at some point.

Thanks. I know the 7135s can handle 6V (and since I'd run 4C cells, it wouldn't be 6V for very long); I was more concerned about the IC that controls the PWM. Ah well, I suppose $5 isn't too much in case I burn one up.

Looking forward to any current measurements you take.

gunga

Flashaholic
Any estimates on current draw for low and medium? Also, what's the highest voltage you've run it on? KD says it's good for up to 6V, but... well, you know how their specs are sometimes.

I did some tests, and had a few issues getting consistent results of low current.

So, current at the tailcap (pretty close to emitter current since this is a linear regulator).

low: 60 mA
med: 350 mA
high: 1.1 Amps

Hope that helps!

MorePower

Enlightened
I did some tests, and had a few issues getting consistent results of low current.

So, current at the tailcap (pretty close to emitter current since this is a linear regulator).

low: 60 mA
med: 350 mA
high: 1.1 Amps

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot. Time to order a few! (and wait, and wait, and wait...)

gunga

Flashaholic
It does come with (short) wires, and no they are not soldered on. I just ended up using some teflon wire I got on cpf.

I have to admit, the only thing that really bugs me is the 2-3 second memory mode. THe PWM is not too bad, and the 3 modes (low to high) are really cool.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys did you check Dx latelyZ? There are new boards....Among them a driver taht seems like a new Keenan-type, a new 3xAMC3175 board, and a 4xAMC3175 board with NO modes...
and one of them is 16mm so were are set for D26 module sandwiches easy!

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys did you check Dx latelyZ? There are new boards....Among them a driver taht seems like a new Keenan-type, a new 3xAMC3175 board, and a 4xAMC3175 board with NO modes...
and one of them is 16mm so were are set for D26 module sandwiches easy!

Yep saw those yesterday, and the 3 LED and 5 LED driver boards!