Dual SCOLO mounted pictures

tmc_2

Newly Enlightened
Sorry havent taken pics yet.
I can say using 1 Scolo Turbo the light spread is easily double of the AYUP wide lens cree light and shoots 3 times futher. The actual brightness is about 70% as strong but is spread over a larger area, the scolo turbo does however have a concentrated spot in the centre.

I think the ultimate set up is 2 scolo turbos on the bars and one AYUP cree narrow on the helmet.

Or as i will be doing.
1 cree wide lense AYUP on the bars with scolo turbo on the bars and te AYUP narrow cree ont he helmet.

The AYUP is a much sturdier light and will survive abuse and crashes, having said that the Scolo Turbo is a very solid lite as well.
Its not really a fair comparison becasue the AYUP was designed to withstand the rigours of serious Mountain Biking.

I reccomend buying the Scolo Turbo and not the basic Scolo if your getting one.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Sorry havent taken pics yet.
I can say using 1 Scolo Turbo the light spread is easily double of the AYUP wide lens cree light and shoots 3 times futher. The actual brightness is about 70% as strong but is spread over a larger area, the scolo turbo does however have a concentrated spot in the centre.

I think the ultimate set up is 2 scolo turbos on the bars and one AYUP cree narrow on the helmet.

Or as i will be doing.
1 cree wide lense AYUP on the bars with scolo turbo on the bars and te AYUP narrow cree ont he helmet.
+1 for the pics... looking forward to seeing what they look like.

The AYUP is a much sturdier light and will survive abuse and crashes, having said that the Scolo Turbo is a very solid lite as well.
Its not really a fair comparison becasue the AYUP was designed to withstand the rigours of serious Mountain Biking.

I reccomend buying the Scolo Turbo and not the basic Scolo if your getting one.
I just got my regular Scolo's last month and they have a turbo version already?! :ohgeez:

tmc_2, do you have any buddies with a Dinotte LED light? The Dinotte lights have been rated highly; a friend of mine picked up the 600lm version and I can't wait to compare his to my min-T as a few of my other friends are also thinking of picking up the Dinotte's as well. I'm intrigued by the AYUP's as the complete kit seems well thought-out and the advertised runtimes seem incredible (6 hours @ 7.4v, 2600mAh Li-Poly)! I'm also curious to see how the three different lights compare ie. Dinotte / AYUP / Scolo.

Last edited:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
+1 ....:ohgeez:
is there a scolo Turbo sale link/thread ????
Hendo, I haven't seen any sales thread in CPF MP (come to think of it, I haven't seen too much of warren either) but I have seen the light on the litemania.com website - here's the link: http://www.litemania.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=751&main_cate_no=&display_group=

You can paste the site info into google translate and it does return with some understandable text... according to universal currency convertor...
South Korean Won = 0.000958073 USD
62,000.00 South Korean Won = 59.4005 USD

I think I'll pass on the turbo unless I wind up selling the regular one.

Dear OP,
I like the undermount look. Looks very smexy. I have to change my pants now. ;)
:crackup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Hey tmc_2, you should post a review of the AYUP as I checked out the site and it does look like a great light. Who knows, you may help to increase their exposure and sales since I had never heard of the light until you mentioned it. And, now, I'm intrigued and thinking about ordering a set. :twothumbs

invisible

Newly Enlightened
ShaoShaocaholica,

Your set-up is the same as what I want to do, except I want handlebar mounted control and I have a "Tour Guide" handlebar bag. It looks good. :)