Duracell 2650's Complete Garbage

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I bought an 8 pack several months ago and these batteries are absolute garbage. Brand new if you did not use them in a week you would have to recharge them. I have had 3 complete failures so far and I bet it won't be long before the rest fail. I called Duracell and they said they would send me a coupon to replace them. They sent me a $10.00 coupon. I payed double that for them. So when I called again and said that I still wasn't happy, I was told that I ruined the batteries by not using a Duracell charger. I was also told that on the back of the pack of batteries that it stated the warranty was void if you do not use a Duracell charger. Oh well, Duracell sells crap and dosen't stand behind it. I guess I expected more from a company like Duracell.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read complaints about these cells before but I'm not sure if it was about self discharge or low capacity. I have only four of these cells and just checked the set that was charged a week or two ago on a ZTS. Three showed 80% and the other 100% Maybe I got some good ones!

TheIlluminator

Newly Enlightened
I've read some great reviews for these cells. I own 4 and they are some of the best cells that I have used.

P.S. Often I find that if I have not used them for a while I ned to cycle them once or twice to get back to full capacity.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
I've got a good rockin experience from these cells and i charge them using GP 2-hour charger series.

I believe you just got a bad batch of batts. I did have a bad batch of batteries from GP too that self-discharges within one week.

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
It very well could be that I got a bad batch. I know that I didn't ruin them in my chargers and the back of the pack does not state that they must be charged with a Duracell charger. I am not going to lose any sleep over the lost money, but it is just the principle. I try to only purchase products that the manufactures will stand behind (usually they are made better). If I was the only one who got bad batteries from Duracell I might understand, but I find it hard to believe that I am the only person who got batteries from this bad batch.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not the only one, many people had Duracell 2650 mAh go bad after less than 20 cycles. Mines has yet to go bad but I haven't used them that much... Contact Duracell again! They have always been nice with me with bad products!

Foxx510

Enlightened
I got a dud batch that went bad in about 5 cycles. They happily gave me some coupons though as a goodwill gesture when I complained.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canuke said:
So, it isn't confined to Sanyo/Energizer, eh? It's looking like 2500mAh or thereabouts is indeed some sort of hard physical limit.

i always wonder if it is confined to buying cheap knockoffs on e-bay though :) there are so many fake clones out there.

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I would contact them again, but I don't want their coupons anymore. I really don't think that I did or said anything wrong and the lady on the phone treated me like a piece of crap. I asked to talk to her boss and she said I couldn't because he was on the phone. He was supposed to call me back.........still waiting. If that is what they call customer service - I'll never buy duracell again.

HauseMan

Newly Enlightened
Garbage, he say ?:thinking:

These have been better than several other brands that I've used. I use two in a Nuwai LED (ROV Extreme) and they last a couple of weeks between charges...I couldn't be happier. I also use these in a Sony portable CD player, which gets several hours of duty at work, every day, and only needs charging weekly. :twothumbs

I'm wanting to make a shrink-pack of 6, and install them into a two-way radio pack on a Motorola. Considering that Motorola only gave us 1200mAH on the original packs, this should be outstanding.

So...these are no garbage for me. We shall see.:D

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought Energizer 2500 and the Duracell 2650 at the same time around two years ago. The Energizers were junk. They would not hold their charge longer than a week. The Duracell's are still being used by my daughter in her camera, they work great.
shrug.gif

EDIT: BTW Energizer also sent me a 10.00 off coupon for more 2500 rechargeables. I bought Lithiums with it!

Bill

Last edited:

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine on-sale for $9.99 for a pack of 8 about a year ago. I got 3 packs. These have been working well for my needs:

Running my Motorola 2 way radios, running my M*g ROP, running my Black and Decker PowerToGo mods, running my Coleman 1watt headlights, etc.

The only issue is that I need to recharge them if sitting unused for more than 2 weeks. Other than that, it works really well.

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I've had great luck with these batteries, and they perform right alongside my Maha Powerex 2700 mAh batteries.

I do charge regularly and use the refresh/analyze function of my Maha c-9000 charger to ensure that my batteries remain in good condition.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

If I am going to use non-LSD batteries, I generally charge them within a few days of my planned use (caving). Otherwise, I use eneloops/duraloops.

xpea

Newly Enlightened
Anything over 2400 mAH and things start getting iffy.
well I have Sanyo 2700 and everything is fine after more than 30 cycles :thumbsup:
But I agree that above 2400, the challenge is high to make reliable cell and I found that only Sanyo succeed

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had mine for 2years now and there still going strong, i dont use them in my lights anymore since i went with all lsd's. Now the only time they get used is when there in my Airtronics M8.

clintb

Enlightened
My wife had some of these, and being the non-flashaholic / non-chargeraholic she is, they held up superbly. I put them on the C-9000 and they came out, IIRC, right at rated capacity, and that's for cells over a year old and abused.