E1E or E1E/ KL1?

kodiak

Enlightened
bluesigh.gif
I have both lights. I carried my E1E as EDC carry for a year, I really like that light. I have been useing the KL1 for about 3 months. I really like the KL1 also, but I can't decide whitch one I like Better. Since I never seem to be in complete darkness when I need a light I don't feel the nice spill on the KL1 is useable. I think I like the tight spot on the E1E. I also like having a light I know I can use If needed after that hour suddenly runs out. (and for some reason I don't have a spare
frown.gif
)For those of you haveing used the two, what are your thoughts? Either way I carry it, this is my favorite light.
grin.gif
I also like the Streamlight Key-Mate I just got. Does anyone else have one?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by kodiak:
I also like having a light I know I can use If needed after that hour suddenly runs out. (and for some reason I don't have a spare) - I also like the Streamlight Key-Mate I just got. Does anyone else have one?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For the reason that you state in the above quote, I like the E1E/KL1...and I would like to get one of those Streamlight Key-mates! Does Bright guy have them yet? I read a post about them, but forgot where they were being sold???

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given a choice of whether buying an E1(e) with it's stock lamp or with a KL1, I would take the KL1 hands down. IMO, the stock lamp should be an option, and the KL1 standard. The quality of light is much superior. If I need more "throw" then I'll just carry my E2.

Skyline

Enlightened
Personally.. I stopped using the original LA for my E1. The KL1 output is more useful to me in every single respect. The tight spot of the incandescent just doesn't seem to come in handy.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the KL1 with the E1e because the beam is more pleasing to the eye, and I don't have to worry about the bulb. The KL1 matches the E1e body better than the head it came with!