E2 disappointment ! ?

Bucky

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
My way around that has been to buy extra lamps and select the best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't recommend doing that with SureFire lamp assemblies, you'll go broke relatively quickly.
wink.gif

Bucky

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
At the risk of being ridden out of CPF on a rail I must get off my chest something which is almost anathema in our forum: criticism of the E2!! (get your tar and feathers ready!!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no problem with your comments. Positive, cliquish praise is what created Maglite's stagnation. Freely aired disatisfaction and opinions are what spurs improvement. My own opinion of the E2 is that in spite of the well engineered quality and artistist design and construction, it's still a novelty light.

I'll draw the fire, if you need to make a run for it.
grin.gif
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
There's no problem with your comments. Positive, cliquish praise is what created Maglite's stagnation. Freely aired disatisfaction and opinions are what spurs improvement. My own opinion of the E2 is that in spite of the well engineered quality and artistist design and construction, it's still a novelty light.

I'll draw the fire, if you need to make a run for it.
grin.gif
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Empath,

I don't want to invade your privacy, and of course you'll answer accordingly, but I would like to ask you: are you by any chance a writer?

I realize that this is off-topic and possibly inappropriate, but I was curious.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Bucky

Enlightened
Great post Gandalf.
smile.gif

Recently I have had a change of heart about the 6V Executive lamp assemblies. At first, I thought that a LOLA would be the most useless thing in the world and that I would never use it. Conversely, I thought that a HOLA would be the best thing sliced bread. Possibly 100 lumens from something the size of the E2 - fantastic. But now my opinion has changed. While I still would like a HOLA for the E2, I am actually anticipating the LOLA more. When you think about the cost of 123As, they are amazingly expensive. So much so that as much as I love SureFires, I can't bring myself to buy one that uses more than two batteries at once. I had a 9P and a 12PM, but I sold both because I cringed at the thought of how many batteries they were using and how much it was costing me. Now, the M2 with the P61 is as "crazy" as I get. I have an E2 and an E2e so I use those or the E1, unless I really need a whole bunch of light, then enter the M2. Actually the 8NX sees most of the time around the house or when I don't need to have a light on my person either in my pocket or on my belt.

Anyway, like I was saying, now I am actually looking forward to getting and using the LOLA for the E2. Most times for most uses, the MNO3 of the E2 is almost too bright. Unfortunately, the MNO1 of the E1 is really too dim. Hence I think the perfect blend of runtime and brightness would be the 25 lumen 150 minute runtime MNO2 LA. Plus, when two 123As cost approximately $5.00 give or take, even 75 minutes of light is quite expensive. For most tasks and wallets, a longer runtime less bright LA would be the perfect thing. Let the countdown to the MNO2 begin!

Bucky

Empath

Flashaholic
Empath,

I don't want to invade your privacy, and of course you'll answer accordingly, but I would like to ask you: are you by any chance a writer?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Had I chosen writing as a career, I fear the starving artist phase would have lasted long enough to be terminal.

Velcro

Enlightened
Hairydog, IMO stands for 'In My Opinion'. There's also IMHO, which stands for 'In My Humble Opinion'. Then there's LMK (Let Me Know), AFAIK (As Far As I Know), AFAIC (As Far As I'm Concerned), FWIW (For What Its Worth), FYI (For Your Interest), etc, etc, etc. You can find an Internet acronym dictionary here and here.

Greetings,
Velcro

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
... My own opinion of the E2 is that in spite of the well engineered quality and artistist design and construction, it's still a novelty light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, Empath, let it roll: what do you mean ?? -LMK
AFAIC, full agreement about the effects of unqualified praise, but the widely held positive opinion of the E2 is well-merited.
IMHO ......

lightlover
smile.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MiniTurboHead E Series Bezel does not produce a tighter beam
frown.gif
It means that the person experiencing the beam gets a big dose of light - more punch - more force.

Al

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
OK, Empath, let it roll: what do you mean ?? -LMK
AFAIC, full agreement about the effects of unqualified praise, but the widely held positive opinion of the E2 is well-merited.
IMHO ......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. Has Brightnorm made it to safety yet?
grin.gif

As my wife said when she saw her first E2, "ohhhh.. it's so cute!" I told her we could have a maid that's cute too, and she'd cost less by the hour.

You're right, SR. SF has done an excellent job with the E2. Perhaps someday the battery manufacturers will consider the lithium 123A a flashlight battery instead of a special purpose photo/electronics cell. The increasing number of manufacturers introducing 123A lights is helping. But, until the sustained flashbulb concept of Surefire is overcome, and the 10+ hour runtime is available, "mass marketing"/"corner grocery store" availability of the 123A won't exist. J.Q. Public isn't likely to buy up flashlights that require trips to the photo supply store or mail orders for their batteries.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I don't know. Has Brightnorm made it to safety yet?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brightnorm is securely ensconced in his recently purchased M1 Abrams Tank, retrofitted with 93 M6's (but not a single E2)

Brightnorm

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Brighnorm,

not shure though if the M1 will withstand the combined power of a couple of Hellfires/Beasts - but definetely make shure the support truck carrying the spare 123s for your M6s doesn´t get lost on the way out.

Laser_anim.gif
tank.gif
plasmawhore.gif

___
flamethrower.gif

Eek - did SF also got those pee green LS-LEDs ?

Klaus

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Sir Windler

Maybe he just got the wrong colored ring ?

Klaus

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps the image is of SureFire's L80 Green Laser Module?

Is that a hint to what this secret new SF proto your testing is? Blue laser perhaps? Purple one? Ooooh, go on, promise I won`t tell!
wink.gif

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I can get you a blue laser. It is NOT a pointer style. $2500

more powerful then green

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get you a blue laser. It is NOT a pointer style. $2500

Thanks....but I can`t even afford a green one right now (I am borrowing one soon though so at least I`ll get to play, er, test one out for a bit)! I think I`ll pass on that if it`s all the same.

grin.gif
tongue.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
@Brighnorm,
Laser_anim.gif
tank.gif
plasmawhore.gif

__
flamethrower.gif

Eek - did SF also got those pee green LS-LEDs ?

Klaus
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus,

Those are great smileys and images. I don't know much about them; where do you find them, and how do you arrange them so well?
That bottom one especially is diabolical!

Best regards,
Brightnorm