E2 Holster capacities and Surefire Catalog excuses

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I just ordered some E2 holsters by phone from Surefire. They still don't have them online, and the very pleasant Cuistomer Service rep (didn't get his name) said SF "can't put all their thousands of items online because it would confuse the customer and unacceptably increase loading time". I mentioned that other sites are able to do this quite conveniently, but I didn't belabor the point.

According to this rep, the E2 holster will also accommodate the E2e and the E2e with the KL-1 bezel. I certainly hope that is true.

Question: Does anyone know for certain whether the KL-1 can be safely run continuously from three 123's?

Brightnorm

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm... Gee... I thought that was the great thing about digital medium. You can put tremendous amounts of data online that you customers can search through and you can update it in an instant..... What did they do, get rid of their web design team as well?

Brightnorm, If you can post pics of the holster when it comes in, it would be appreciated!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
What's the part number of the holster you got for the E2E. I've ordered 2-different ones in the past. The one I liked better because the flap was longer allowing a better "hold" to the velco.

However, I can't recall the part number.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Quickbeam:
....Brightnorm, If you can post pics of the holster when it comes in, it would be appreciated!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Doug, unfortunately I don't have a digital camera, but I could probably describe it in enough detail for you to get a pretty good "picture" of it.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
What's the part number of the holster you got for the E2E. I've ordered 2-different ones in the past. The one I liked better because the flap was longer allowing a better "hold" to the velco.

However, I can't recall the part number.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just asked for "the E2 holster". I never knew there were two.

Brightnorm

Darell

Flashaholic
I believe the official one is the V82. That's what I have, and the velcro only seals about half way with the light in there. The KL1 will cause it to stick out farther, and there will probably be only about 1/2" of velcro at that point. IF you found another that fits better, please let us know!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell,
I took mine & a seam ripper & took the stitches on one side at the bottom. This allows the light to sit all the way down in the holster to the head. With this, I get contact on the velcro all the way down the flap. Should give plenty of room for the KL1 head. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
Hmm. Good thinking, Tex. How much of the butt sticks out the bottom now? Does that bottom seam ever catch on the tail cap when you extract it?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

When I called and ordered today the guy told me that you can run the KL1/KL3 with 1,2 or 3 batteries. Very cool.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Uhm...the KL3 I'll use with the 9P.....haven't really thought about the KL1.

WE NEED AN ADAPTOR to make the E2e into a 9V tube! Should be possible, kind of like the A19 but with a coil spring on one end to make the connection between the E2e body and adaptor. The tailcap will then move to the other side of the adaptor. The adaptor will hold one SF123 thus making it a 9v tube. Now with the KL1 as the bezel....voila a skinny 9V KL1!.

This adaptor will also make an E1e into an E2e!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "idea" is no task. Even I could come up with this. :>) The trick is in the doing. I believe on the SF board an E3 was brought up many times, but don't think anyone made one. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Hmm. Good thinking, Tex. How much of the butt sticks out the bottom now? Does that bottom seam ever catch on the tail cap when you extract it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The bottom of the light comes even with the bottom of the sheath. The only part that extends past is the rubber button. Remember, you only need to cut 1 side. No snages, smooth removal. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
Well, I have a couple of the sheathes, so I'll give it a shot. I always did kinda wonder why they would design the light to sit so high.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by txwest:
The "idea" is no task. Even I could come up with this. :>) The trick is in the doing. I believe on the SF board an E3 was brought up many times, but don't think anyone made one. TX
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Doug Speck is making conversion kits based on a longer tube so you can use a combination of batteries. I've ordered one and they are very inexpensive considering their flexibility.

Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Note: the KL3 will run on 2 or 3 cells; not 1.
The KL1 will run on 1-3 cells. As pointed out, a custom power pak is currently needed for KL1 & 3 cells. It does work nicely!. If SureFire would bring out the E3, they would inadvertantly be providing us with the "universal" holder.
icon15.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Well, I have a couple of the sheathes, so I'll give it a shot. I always did kinda wonder why they would design the light to sit so high.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think they did this to sell more sheaths. My 1st was for my D2, but then I got the A19 to make it a D3. Snip, snip, on the stitching & the sheath would hold either configuration. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
Now I just need to track down my seam ripper, and I'm set. So, you didn't even sew anything back up? Just ripped the one triangular bottom seam out, huh? That's a pretty slick fix that I'm sure will work great - and will allow the sheath to carry the KL1.

Once again, Tex is the man.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't spend much time tracking it down. I bought a seam ripper for the "6P" sheath, then when I went to do the one for the E2e, I had to get another one as I don't know what I did with the 1st. But fortunatly, they're cheap. Be carefull when you're doing it as the rippers are very sharp & you can cut more material than you want. (clear nail polish is a good way to keep the nylon you didn't mean to cut from fraying) TX