E2D LED

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the Tenergy 3 volt RCR123 900mAh LifePo4 protected cells in my Surefire L1 Cree. They work great and runtime regulated is about 40 minutes on high. Just before the batteries reach their low voltage shut down, the L1 starts to flicker like my U2 does when it's low battery indicator kicks in, then you have about 5 minutes on low before the batteries shut down.

tango44

Enlightened
For me the TLS Led head convertion is a great spotter and enough side spill, for my EDC. It's half the price of the KX2C, They have a very similar beam for me.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
In an urban environment with ambient light, isn't a hotspot-only light more practical in some ways? When I use my U2 in a city, I find that even Level 6 is washed out pretty quickly by the surrounding light. It still works great for giving more light to the area right right around me, but it won't work well to light up a dark corner 40 feet away.

I can also see a situation where an L.E.O. or security guard is scanning a field or checking a permitter, where the extra throw would be useful.

I do see your point though. I suppose if I were in one of those situations, I'd want two lights anyway, and I could see one of them being the E2DL, if only for :twak:
I suppose that's true, but I would be concerned about the one time where you don't have ambient light. :ohgeez:

A backup is always good.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my E2D LED Defender today and was VERY disappointed. going to return it. the beam pattern was terrible, there was battery rattle, and the fit and finish were below expectations. the C2 i used to have was much better. sucks, ah well.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my E2D LED Defender today and was VERY disappointed. going to return it. the beam pattern was terrible, there was battery rattle, and the fit and finish were below expectations. the C2 i used to have was much better. sucks, ah well.

Just curious - what was specifically wrong with the beam pattern and finish? Pics?

None of my Surefire LEDs have a comparable beam pattern to my A2 incan or C2 with a P60... I've learned to live with that. Messed up finish on a new light is another story though...

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been using an E2D LED defender and have been amazed with it. Is there any other flashlight that puts out as much light in a similar sized package or not much bigger.

To answer your original question there are several lights that put out that and much more light. The EagleTac T10C2 is much brighter. Beam pattern is not the same though.