E2d with Pilas?

Taylorf

Taylorf

Enlightened
I know it can be done but i want to know how much it will affect light output and how long the runtime will be. Has anyone tried this and could maybe help me out a little bit. Thanks

C

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If using incandescent, not recommended unless you like yellow light. If you put a LED head on it (KL1 or KL4) you'll get about 3+ hours with KL1 and probably close to an hour with KL4.

J

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
....I have an E2D that I power with one of AW's 17650 protected cells. The amount of light is only a little less than with two primary cells. I was even pleasantly surprised at how bright it is. I have not checked the runtime. From what I read here on CPF the Pilas are better and more powerfull cells and so you should get a little more light from it than I get with the 17650 and you should get more runtime.
jc

chevrofreak

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire%20E2e.png

Before anyone asks, I'm not making those bulbs anymore.

C

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevro, is the green curve made with a 3.7V bulb? I also made one using a Streamlight Scorpion bulb about two years ago. And no, I'm not making them anymore either. That's what the Strion's for. In any case, if anyone likes the light quality of the stock E2e bulb with Li-Ions, more power to them.

C

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM, I remember that project. I actually passed it on to another CPF member that wanted to try to do something with it.

CM is right. If you want to do such a mod, the best results that I've gotten are with the Strion bulb, but I'M NOT doing any more of those. What a PITA.