E2XT Heads

alnl1996

Newly Enlightened
Wow that E2XT really throws then!
It does! I have mine setup with an old Surefire L4 body with a new long SF clip. The slim factor and very good runtimes with a 16650 makes this thing a real pocket light sabre .
I've actually lit up a barn on my fiends property a quarter mile away! Puts a smile on my face every time I turn it on.
The 18650 Hound Dog is a weapon, next level throw. Only problem for me is the head is too big for EDC. But its an amazing hand held search light.

Trout River

Newly Enlightened
Wow that E2XT really throws then!
It does great for a EDC sized thrower. I was impressed enough I got the E2XTD also. Once you have those 2 lights I see no reason for any of his other MDC throwers. For MDX I did get his throwiest Hound Dog Super which I also have two of one in each tint.

tryknives

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried these heads with the body LX2 or EDCL2T ? I wonder if there would be exist a weaker mode through a switch with a resistor?
I tried it with the LX2 body and it works (probably an output of ~20% on low), I do not have an EDCL2-T but tried with an EDCL1-T and there was not much difference between modes. I am a fan of it on the LX2.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried these heads with the body LX2 or EDCL2T ? I wonder if there would be exist a weaker mode through a switch with a resistor?

Is there an available compatible multi-mode body that works with the E2XT head? I couldn't find the LX2 new or used.

fulee9999

Enlightened
as far as I know the only flashlight with a gas-pedal switch is the "old" EDCL1-2 currently on the shelves, but if someone has an E head idea that still can be purchased I'm interested as well

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an available compatible multi-mode body that works with the E2XT head? I couldn't find the LX2 new or used.
They are rare, but there are used ones for $40-80, the same case with a dual-mode button for A2L, and EB2. Well, modern EDCL-1/2T is the easiest way to find. It is unlikely that their characteristics differ from the old ones, except for their appearance.

michaex

Enlightened
I wish someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but each SF model's tailcap may differ by resistance. LX2 seems to hit a sweetspot. I'm curious if the same specs of tailcap's resistance was used in another model.

fulee9999

Enlightened
I wish someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but each SF model's tailcap may differ by resistance. LX2 seems to hit a sweetspot. I'm curious if the same specs of tailcap's resistance was used in another model.
you might be onto something, this is what we saw with the Elzetta hi/lo tails as well, even in that, there is a difference between the Alpha and the Bravo hi/lo tails. Now someone just needs to measure the resistance in the LX2 tail in low mode

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
14995728-AEDF-47D4-AE21-B1761B1191A1.jpeg

I'll be derned. Works perfectly lol.