Eagle Eye X2

ven

Flashaholic
Received the X2 today by eagle eye,another! budget brand at around $18.

xml-t6 u2 in 3c tint,which is the reason mainly for getting the eagle eye to try out 3c having a 4c.It is quoted at 600lm of which i have no way of telling....exactly

Went for the titanium grey colour,looks good,feels good in the hand,not a cheap feel,similar along lines of convoy........
Please excuse poor phone pics,just to give idea........;)
Not sussed it out yet as just have low/med/high
Four Modes:
1.1%-15%-40%-100%
2.Low-high(30%--100%)
3.Low-Middle-High(5%--40%--100%)
4.Low-Middle-High-Strobe-SOS(5%--40%--100%-Strobe-SOS)

Orange peel,led is well centred

side view,comes with spare O rings and tail cap

Quick release lanyard

Fits a protected 18650 sanyo cell..........snugly,no movement in tube

Light can be locked out by a small 1/8th turn

Springs in tail and head

Random line up for size comparison x2 is 5th along
p25/tk75vn/Xeno s3a/Crelant v11a/Eagle Eye X2/Convoy m2/D25a/Roche F8/X3vn/tm15

Not best pics as can tell already on phone,this is the Eagle Eye X2 3c tint next to the Convoy m2 4c tint

X2 3c

4c left and 3c right

Last pic next to the olight m20 for size

Overall a good light for the money,good value,will fit protected cells although snug,can lock out.Still need to work out the modes but tbh the low/med/high is fine as dont use disco modes anyway.

Cheers ven:twothumbs

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
ven,
thanks for taking the time and for the beam shots.

Please explain what you mean by "Overall not a good light for the money,good value"

Is the 3C tint a creamy white?

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks poppy,typo ,will edit it ,thanks for pointing out.

It is good value for money.

Yes the 3c on this is a creamy white or appears that way,great description .Photos are not that accurate .

Poppy

Flashaholic
lol... I was scratching my head :)

So in the photos, the tint differences are dramatic, more than I would have expected from looking at tint charts. In use, do you have a personal preference?

I have a pair of identical aaa lights both with the XP-G2 emitter in 4A tints, but they are slightly different. I wonder how much of a tint variance is there within a tint category/specification?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Tint lotteries in mass produced lights are just that, pot luck....so there is an expected range of tint for any given spec'd tint.

The XML T6 IS typically a creamy white, but U2 is typically more white/less creamy, so the combination of nomenclature is confusing here.

ven

Flashaholic
lol... I was scratching my head :)

So in the photos, the tint differences are dramatic, more than I would have expected from looking at tint charts. In use, do you have a personal preference?

I have a pair of identical aaa lights both with the XP-G2 emitter in 4A tints, but they are slightly different. I wonder how much of a tint variance is there within a tint category/specification?

:laughing:

Yes the difference is dramatic from my phone pic(as you know its not best accurate way but doe show difference well)
4c on my m2 is very warm,i really like the warm tint from that and still do,for some it may be too warm but i am a cool white guy or rather was.I enjoy different tints,still like a cool white,but now warmer too.

I have not tested fully in any way,it is what i would class as a creamy white(good description is that).

I will only be able to confirm with longer use my preferences ,so far what i can say is its not as bright as the 4c apparent "700lm" from the m2.It is quoted as 600lm on the x2,i would guestimate at around 400-500 tops which is sufficient for this size of light(could be wrong with lm,its just what i perceive)Being creamy no doubt will not look as bright as a cooler white.

As for tints i would be very confident that if i bought 100 of these lights in 3c ,i would be able to tell slight differences on some of them.

I can with my nitecore cool white flashlights on ea4 and ea8(very slight).

Do you have a 3c poppy.........yet or are you considering a 3c,what is your preferred tint? If you dont like it too warm,and too cool then 3c is appears a neutral white colour to me,on the creamy side.

ven

Flashaholic
Tint lotteries in mass produced lights are just that, pot luck....so there is an expected range of tint for any given spec'd tint.

The XML T6 IS typically a creamy white, but U2 is typically more white/less creamy, so the combination of nomenclature is confusing here.

Thank you for clarifying:thumbsup:,i imagine it as a "tint lottery"

The good thing with these lights and convoys is that it allows an affordable way to try different tints or at least get an idea.

I like to have a variety of tints now rather that when i first started buying a preferred cool white.

I think the nichia 219 is a nice tint,not tried a 219b out yet..............yet:D

Poppy

Flashaholic

TEEJ,
I'm not going to disagree with your statements, but there are some U2 bins with C3 tint emitters.

:laughing:

Do you have a 3c poppy.........yet or are you considering a 3c,what is your preferred tint? If you dont like it too warm,and too cool then 3c is appears a neutral white colour to me,on the creamy side.

ven,
I don't know if I have any 3C tints. I do have a few that are creamy white, but I ordered them NW whereas the options were CW or NW. No mention of specific tint subsets. My 4A tinted lights are warmer than my other neutral white lights, so I'd say that there is a good chance that I have some C3 tints.

ven

Flashaholic
Is 3c classed as a neutral then i presume,being a creamy white,that was my belief.

Day or so later i like it,3c or nw ,being honest it wont be my 1st choice,prefer the nichia 219,if i had to choose.Not sure if i would get another 4c as have 2 as the spy is 4c iirc.That is a great little light,just flood being such a shallow reflector ,and warm...................fantastic.

Future 2 lights are vinh lights,after that who knows,sure more vn though:cool:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
TEEJ,
I'm not going to disagree with your statements, but there are some U2 bins with C3 tint emitters.

Dear Poppy,

I say "typically", and you disagree because its not representative of 100%? :D

Damn....typically, typically means that the example might be typical, as in, "Typically, men get fewer pedicures than woman". Arguing that you disagree because you know a guy who got a pedicure is an option, albeit, might miss the part about typical vs always, etc.

If so, I agree to agree that you consider typical to mean all.

:D

Love,

TJ

PS - After careful consideration, I see that you actually state that you're NOT going to DISAGREE, but, you add, "but" and list the initially implied agreement/lack of disagreement as a counterpoint (The exception to typical) indicating that, in fact, you did disagree after all.

Must you persist in this linguistic legerdemain?

:nana:

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
TEEJ,
I know you're messing with me... so there :nana:

I usually re-read my posts, and edit them if necessary, so that they are absolutely clear, and shouldn't be misinterpreted.

Perhaps I should have written it :
TEEJ,
I'm not going to disagree with your statements, because they are correct, however I would like to point out that there are some U2 bins with C3 tint emitters.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that this Eagle Eye, and Convoy lights, can be ordered with a bin/tint specification. While there may be some variation in the tint within a particular tint specification, the impact of the "tint lottery" should be minimal when one has the ability to be specific when ordering not only the emitter, but its bin and tint.

Poppy

Flashaholic
So you are agreeing? (Double negative cancellation)

:nana:

I believe that the lack of punctuation leads one to consider that a double negative cancellation situation exists, however if one examines the sentence and places punctuation thusly:

I don't agree with:
agreeing on disagreeing, to agree :p

Then one can plainly see that it is a positive statement of disagreement, on the subject of agreeing to disagree.

One thing we certainly agree on is the use of :nana: as some kind of signal

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, pardon the interruption fellows! Back to the torch and tints for just a moment...

ven, just received shipping notice on an Eagle Eye X2 in 4C tint.

I too was a neutral tint kinda' guy until getting Richard's (Mountain Electronics) S3 in 5A1 tint for indoor and close-up outdoor use. Although it is rosey warm, I am fascinated by the glow. It really does make for better depth and 3D perception. The fun of it though is feeling as if you could breath-in the glow or actually swim in it!

Although I now will buy a few more warmish lights, the 5A1 is as far into warm territory as I'll go. 3C and 4C for me, understanding that there will be variability within those designations!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: just having fun The Burgh;) congrats on the light,for the money its spot on,3c is as poppy put it a "creamy white" Still not sure and not used much,i guess i just got it to try the tint out .....but it is of convoy style/build/quality so good.

The strap is handy with quick release when not needed so no getting in the way when using as they can at times.

That convoy L4 keeps shouting out at me :laughing: but nope as dont need another single 18650
Banggood SKU: SKU130976

But for a glove box light i have on way solarforce sc03 in NW eats a cr123a so glove box light,solarforce sc01 in NW eats AA/14500 for work but will just be AA fed for ease.Then will have a few AA lights on rotation in tool box(t10s/klarus p1a at present)several more too but 4xAAA and 3xD and 2xAAA:D