Eagletac G25C2 (XM-L, 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS+

bluemax_1

Enlightened
I just tried and was unsuccessful ... perhaps you need stronger (or longer) pinky fingers than I have, but I couldn't overcome the resistance. I think the problem is the size of the head is such as you don't have enough leverage with your pinky.

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I guess I'll have to find a dealer who has one in stock so I can try it for myself before taking the plunge. I'm used to the Fenix and 4/7's interfaces and like them, but neither has a 1 x 18650 as bright.

If someone could make a light that uses 1 x 18650, puts out at least 20,000 lux and also a decent low/med mode (5-50 lumen low, 100-200 med), can get to Turbo and strobe immediately from any brightness/mode, have a USB recharge port and completely one-hand single grip operable, I'd be all over it. Anything in all the lights you've reviewed fit the bill? I might have to start a thread in the recommend me a light forum.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the XM-L2 review.

Max

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
If someone could make a light that uses 1 x 18650, puts out at least 20,000 lux and also a decent low/med mode (5-50 lumen low, 100-200 med), can get to Turbo and strobe immediately from any brightness/mode, have a USB recharge port and completely one-hand single grip operable, I'd be all over it. Anything in all the lights you've reviewed fit the bill? I might have to start a thread in the recommend me a light forum.
Max
That's a pretty demanding list. :laughing: But there is actually one light that meets it - the Nitecore P25. You have to turn the light on at the tailcap first, but can jump to max or strobe from any level by use of the side switch.

bluemax_1

Enlightened
That's a pretty demanding list. :laughing: But there is actually one light that meets it - the Nitecore P25. You have to turn the light on at the tailcap first, but can jump to max or strobe from any level by use of the side switch.
Funny that you mentioned the P25. I just got mine a couple of days ago. If I leave the tailswitch always On and only use the side switch to activate the light, then it sort of satisfies the one-handed operation requirement. Unfortunately, the light can turn On via the side switch fairly easily, when the tailswitch is not turned Off.

If the tailcap could be re-oriented, it would work. I can use it single-handed with my right hand, using my thumb on the tailswitch and pinky to trigger the side switch, but with my left hand, the orientation of the tailcap places my thumb on one of the wing tabs making that a no-go. Since my right hand is my gun hand, I have to be able to operate the light with my Left. In addition, I realized that the P25 is not too intuitive. Due to the fact that the charging port with its rubber cover is in the same location on the other side of the head, drawing the light quickly makes it difficult to know if you have your finger on the side switch or on the charging port, and it's impossible to tell with gloves on, so the search continues.

If I can find a nearby dealer with the G25C2, I'll test it out to see if I can do the pinky on head twist technique. It dosn't have a USB charging port, but that's not a vital requirement.

Max

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac G25C2 (stock): Weight 144.3g, Length: 181mm, Width (bezel): 39.6mm
Eagletac G25C2 (with diffuser/tailstand cap): Weight 160.2g, Length: 150.6mm, Width (widest, at bezel diffuser hinge): 46.2mm
I think stock should be the shorter one.

lightsource

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking forward to seeing the review of the XM-L2 as I'm currently looking at one of these to replace my XT11 that was "borrowed" by a mate and I am trying to decide if I should just grab one of the current XM-L T6 NW versions or if there is enough of an increase with the XM-L2 T6 version to warrant holding off until it's available.

I understand that you are most likely reviewing the XM-L2 U2 not the T6 but should still give me an indication of if the increase is worth waiting for

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I am trying to decide if I should just grab one of the current XM-L T6 NW versions or if there is enough of an increase with the XM-L2 T6 version to warrant holding off until it's available.
Well, a XM-L2 T6 is two bin steps up from a XM-L T6 (i.e., the XM-L2 T6 is the equivalent of a XM-L U3). There may also have been changes in the circuit over time (i.e., how heavily driven the light is). Always hard to know, with changes over time. But you are right, my XM-L2 U2 should give you a pretty good idea what to expect from a XM-L2 T6, given they are concurrent models.

I see you have been registered here awhile, but given your first post, let me say :welcome:

UPDATE: My new G25C2 Mark II review - with XM-L2 U2 - is now up. :)

Last edited:

lightsource

Newly Enlightened
Well, a XM-L2 T6 is two bin steps up from a XM-L T6 (i.e., the XM-L2 T6 is the equivalent of a XM-L U3). There may also have been changes in the circuit over time (i.e., how heavily driven the light is). Always hard to know, with changes over time. But you are right, my XM-L2 U2 should give you a pretty good idea what to expect from a XM-L2 T6, given they are concurrent models.

I see you have been registered here awhile, but given your first post, let me say :welcome:

Selfbuilt,

Thanks for the official welcome lol, you're right i've been registered for a while but thanks to the good work you and all the other reviewers do on here i've always managed to find the answers I needed provided I did a little bit of looking so didn't post anything until now. It was quite a learning curve working out all the new technology etc with LED's etc but have got my head around most of it now. I look forward to reading you're G25C2 XM-L2 review soon hopefully. Keep up the excellent work i'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciate the time and effort you guys go to on here to do these reviews for us.

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

Did you buy the extension tubes ?
If yes, would you be kind enough to give me each lenght with the different tubes attached ?

Many thks

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Did you buy the extension tubes ?
If yes, would you be kind enough to give me each lenght with the different tubes attached ?
I didn't measure them, but they come in 1xCR123A and 2xCR123A sizes. Since a standard CR123A is ~34.5mm, you could use that as a pretty good approximation of the length extension to the light.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I bought this light and i love it but i havent found an answer to my question about the voltage range so has anyone tried if the light cuts off before the protection on a normal protected 18650? Also if somebody knows if a Panasonic CGR18650CH works with the light in question? Thanks in advance :wave: