EagleTac P10C Review (1xCR123A/RCR) - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I asked EagleTac if they would be selling a two-way clip for the T10L like the one on the P10C and T10C. They said they will be releasing two-way pocket clips for their larger lights in about 2 weeks and they will be available as accessories through EagleTac vendors.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I asked EagleTac if they would be selling a two-way clip for the T10L like the one on the P10C and T10C. They said they will be releasing two-way pocket clips for their larger lights in about 2 weeks and they will be available as accessories through EagleTac vendors.

I have noticed that the clip on my P10A is significantly thicker in profile than the one on the SF E1B that I recently examined at a B&M shop. Perhaps Eagletac's clips for their single-cell models are thicker than the ones for their two-cell and 18650 models?

Only had my Eagletac P10A for a couple of days. I like how it fills my hand. Very comfortable to carry. I've got an Energizer lithium AA cell in mine, and it is fantastic; in terms of output. Like many new lights I buy, I'm using this one as my work-light. It might just have the most comfortable recessed tailcap switch I have ever used. Stands up well on a flat surface.

The clip is a big improvement over what's on the SF E1B. Yes, Eagletac copied the clip; but they made it better. As mentioned before, it's thicker in profile. This thickness is probably why the P10A can actually be carried either bezel-up or down. Not too much of the light is below the pocket seam, when carried bezel-up. If the head snags on something, the light could fall out. But it's still far better than what you get with an E1B carried bezel-up. (As in, the head leans away from the pocket; nearly falling out on it's own). With the P10A, the reversable pocket clip is actually reversable.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Perhaps Eagletac's clips for their single-cell models are thicker than the ones for their two-cell and 18650 models?

I have a T10C and a new T10L and the clips are the same thickness and stiffness. The T10L is just a single direction clip and the T10C is a bi-directional clip.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
gallonoffuel, since you have both a P10C and a T10C, how do they compare?

Are the beams similar?

The lanyard attachment looks more substantial on the T10C in your picture (thanks for the nice comparison shot). EngrPaul pointed out that the lanyard holes on the P10C tail are pretty thin. Is the T10C significantly better?

A little delayed on the reply here, but the answer is definite 'sort of' on both of your questions.

The T10C and P10C beam profiles are pretty much identical, and typical of a modern CREE with a deep LOP reflector. As I've said in earlier posts, my T10C is just noticable greener in tint.

The landyard hole in the T10C has MILDLY more material around it. However, for both lights I seriously doubt you'd ever be able to break off or otherwise destroy the existing lanyard holes. The lanyard should break away LONG before the hole does.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, post some outdoor beamshots, please!

I have a major doubt: I don´t know if I pick a Nitecore Extreme or EagleTac T10C.

Do you guys think that Q5 LED can die earlier in the EagleTac, cause they push it to it´s limit ?

I want the same light, in the same conditions, 3 years from now...

(I´m totally noob about LED endurance and life)

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I have both a Nitecore Extreme and a T10C. I don't carry the Nitecore anymore.

Don't get me wrong, the NEI is a good light, but the interface left me desiring something fool proof for my everyday activities. The NEI head has been pillaged and is sitting on a VitalGear FB2 body with a 17670, and resides in my camping gear.

The T10C rides in my pocket every day now.

As for how they perform outside, the beams are nearly identical. T10C has a TINY bit more throw because of the larger reflector. Both are ridiculously bright for most peoples needs.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool!

But Fuel... do you think the Q5 LED of the EagleTac will have the same durability (time life) of Nitecore Extreme LED ?

I mean... the fact that EagleTac pushes it´s LEDs to the limit does reduce it´s life ?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
EagleTac pushing their LEDs to the limit is questionable, but even if the high mode of these things is on the hairy edge of being overdriven, how often do you use the light on high? Personally, that's very rare. And even if you assume the lifespan of an LED is 25,000 hours (I don't know if this is reasonable), and driving it at max amperage reduces it by 80% to 5000 hours, thats 208 days of running the light straight. I use mine for a max of 1 hour a day when you add it all up. Thats 13 years of trouble-free illumination.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my lights on high even less than that more like a burst or i would say 10 min or more. Most of my lights on plenty bright on med so i usually use that kind setting.

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
I wish the "low" setting would have a higher output on the T10C. I feel something rated the low 100s would be much better.:candle: Very tempted to order 1 still. For about $60, hard to beat.

PS, these strange anamolies have been confirmed or fixed yet?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
PS, these strange anamolies have been confirmed or fixed yet?
I haven't seen any further evidence of them, but then again I haven't switched batteries since testing was completed. This light has only received light duty since the review, since I always have so many others to test.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Just an update:

I've since picked up the P10A2 and P10A (P10A2 included in my 2AA round-up review, and P10A will be in the next iteration of my 1AA round-up coming soon ;)). Both lights have equivalent build to the P10C.

Several users have reported that removing the clip can scratch the anodizing in the clip ring area. I have found that a little teflon oil lube in the area first can reduce this risk - I've tried it on all of mine, and the clips came off and on without problem.

Latest posts