EagleTac SX25L3 MT-G2 P0 or Acebeam K40M MT-G2

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
I can't make up my mind which to purchase. I nearly bought a Fenix TK35 Ultimate until I saw the EagleTac SX25L3 MT-G2 P0 & Acebeam K40M MT-G2. I'm looking for a good throw with some flood. Having only owned a 100W Halogen flashlight i'm new to the world of LED's and would like your expert help.

Which one would you go for?

Many Thanks :)

UnderPar

Enlightened
If I am to choose, I would get the Acebeam K40M. Please check the review of this light on the flashlight review thread.

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
Yes I have looked at all the reviews and watched the videos but not knowing the manufacturers or quality it is hard to make a choice without testing them for myself.

I have just found the newer revision of the SX25L3 which is the MX25L3 MT-G2, Does anyone have either or both of these lights?

cistallus

Enlightened
I believe that the SX25L3 and MX25L3 are basically the same light, the latter just has a larger head for about twice the throw.

If you are more interested in throw, then the K40 instead of the K40M might be worth considering.

Better yet, for any of these, get the Vinh version. The K40vn dedomed has ridiculous throw but not much flood.

To help choose - which interface would you prefer? The EagleTac uses an electronic side switch for on/off and head twists for levels. The K40M or K40 uses a tailcap forward clicky for on/off, and a magnetic control ring for modes. These are quite different ways of using/controlling a light.

Also, if you get an EagleTac, I'd suggest the kit version, because then you also have an electronic switch on the tailcap so can use either the switch on the side or on the end.

And if you get the K40[M], consider that there's no cutout of the rear flange for the thumb to easily access the switch, but an alternate tailcap is available from a third party in these forums to address that issue.

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
I have just placed an order with Acebeam for the K40m. I will let you know how I get on with it when it arrives :)

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
I have just placed an order with Acebeam for the K40m. I will let you know how I get on with it when it arrives :)

I'm still waiting for my K40m to arrive. It has been shipped with EMS but the tracking status has remained the same for over a week now. Does anyone know how long I should wait before I should start to worry? :whistle:

ven

Flashaholic
I'm still waiting for my K40m to arrive. It has been shipped with EMS but the tracking status has remained the same for over a week now. Does anyone know how long I should wait before I should start to worry? :whistle:

Depending on where(if china) expect 10 days to 21 ish,for me its normally towards the 3 weeks,after 3 weeks then i would be sending a mail to check.

Congrats on the light

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
I ordered directly from Acebeam as I couldn't find any stockist in the uk. Tracking shows it is coming via Nanjing
TimingSiteStatus
2014-09-28 17:11:00NANJING Posting
2014-09-28 18:36:03NANJING Despatch from Sorting Center
2014-09-28 18:58:33NANJING Arrival at Sorting Center
2014-09-28 20:39:56NANJING Despatch from Sorting Center

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
China has pretty much been on Holliday for the past week, so very little is happening. Holiday is over on the 7th, so I would expect things to start happening shortly. Reminds me of trying to get a spare
part delivered in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan. Fedex Quoted a 16 day transit time! Many foreign countries take their holidays much more seriously than Americans do.

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
Depending on where(if china) expect 10 days to 21 ish,for me its normally towards the 3 weeks,after 3 weeks then i would be sending a mail to check.

Congrats on the light

Well I'm on day 14 now and still nothing. I am getting conflicting information as Acebeam claim they have contacted EMS and EMS state the shipment has arrived in the UK but when contacting Parcelforce international they say the parcel has NOT arrived in the UK yet. Someone isn't telling the truth?!?!!?
Tracking info has remained the same on both EMS and Parcelforce's websites. Any suggestions or is it a waiting game until it appears on someone's tracking system?

[h=2]Your delivery[/h]Service:Express 24Tracking status:Handed Over
DateTimeLocationDescription
28/9/201420:39NANNING EMSForwarded for export
28/9/201417:11Delivery Agent - CHINA…+Collected from customer

Item tracking history

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened

Congrats on the light

You congratulated me too soon. It never left China, Customs returned it to the sender because the shipment contained batteries :(

ven

Flashaholic
You congratulated me too soon. It never left China, Customs returned it to the sender because the shipment contained batteries :(

Very sorry to hear:(
Your not alone,its happened to me as they ship with all kinds.................these "all kinds" include banned li ion batteries which should be by land/sea and not air. But of course not 1 or 10,more than likely 100s or even 1000s................will be with your order. If its not declared then i dont think it matters on amount as its not allowed!

I am sure cells are fine as long as inside lights!!! just not seperate............

Hopefully it will be sorted,in fact it will be............just means more time waiting unfortunately. But that time will come,when it does you will be happy:)

Ask for it shipped separate if possible...........nothing to loose

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
Very sorry to hear:(
Your not alone,its happened to me as they ship with all kinds.................these "all kinds" include banned li ion batteries which should be by land/sea and not air. But of course not 1 or 10,more than likely 100s or even 1000s................will be with your order. If its not declared then i dont think it matters on amount as its not allowed!

I am sure cells are fine as long as inside lights!!! just not seperate............

Hopefully it will be sorted,in fact it will be............just means more time waiting unfortunately. But that time will come,when it does you will be happy:)

Ask for it shipped separate if possible...........nothing to loose

I've asked to be shipped with DHL instead of EMS and without batteries but as soon as i mentioned a refund for the batteries there was silence. Do you own a K40m?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a K40M and it's very nice. I'm very happy with it. took 5 days by EMS to get to me here in Australia.