EagleTac T100C2 Review - A Layman's Perspective

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see some more detailed comparitive beamshots and maybe a runtime test. I'm up in the air between this light, the SL Strion LED and a couple of the new 700-900 lumen LED lights. This one is obviously the best in terms of price.

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
Just a slight correction, I doubt the T100C2 and P100C2 have identical electronics. Take a look at their runtime curves on light-reviews.com you can see the curves on CR123 batteries are rather different.

Tohuwabohu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see some more detailed comparitive beamshots and maybe a runtime test.
I don't have any beamshots but I did some runtime tests with "true" 2400Ah Trustfire 18650s.
Runtime with these 18650s is better than that of my P100C2 with 2 Surefire CR123As.
The light output in both modes is slightly lower than that of my P100C2 but the T100C2 has far more throw.

In turbo mode I get 2:40 hours of flat regulation followed by a nice tail.
Runtime to 50% is 3 hours.
t100c2turboen.gif

In general mode runtime to 50% is 18 hours with flat regulation over nearly the entire time.
t100c2generalen.gif

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I love my T100C2 and its such a wow factor to get 2hr.40min flat regulation with that much light/throw with a single 18650. The EagleTac holster made for this model makes it even possible to carry EDC for me, bezel down as well.

johnny3073

Newly Enlightened
Here's my quick observation of the T100C2:

For what it is, it may be the best light I've ever purchased.

It's not:
A keychain light.
An infinate UI light.
A 500+ lumen light.

It is:
A 1st class tactical light.
Built very well.
Great for a weapon mount.
Outstanding regulation.
Simple UI.
Priced right.
Perfect beam (for me), with plenty of usable light in General mode and LOTS of throw in Turbo.

As other's have posted the XP-E in the smooth reflector amazes me. It has a smoother hot spot transition than my XR-Es with OP reflectors. After seeing what the tiny XP-E can do, I might not ever buy another XR-E light...it's that impressive.

Mike @ PTS was great, and I'm definately doing business w/ him again.

The T100C2 and PTS get 2 of these :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

harddrive

Enlightened
I love my T100C2 and its such a wow factor to get 2hr.40min flat regulation with that much light/throw with a single 18650. The EagleTac holster made for this model makes it even possible to carry EDC for me, bezel down as well.

Where did you find the holster? 4sevens/Eagletac store don't have them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Where did you find the holster? 4sevens/Eagletac store don't have them.

Yes PTS is the only place I have seen the T100 holster, Eagletacstore is only advertising the P100 holster.

BTW the lanyards are really good to. Once you buy the light, holster and lanyard the price starts to add up. Still though the quality of the holster and lanyard is better than most I have seen.

Storogoth

Newly Enlightened
I am amazed at how much brighter and smaller the hotspot is.... about a third the size of my T10LC2, much brighter and slightly warmer. The donut is not very noticeable but is a great tool with the shotgun, which is why I purchased this light in the first place. After doing some quick patterning last night I found that most of the shot ends up in the center of the donut. This was unexpected surprise and for $40 I could not be happier with this new light. :p

PLI

Newly Enlightened
Yes , this donut inside the beam hotspot
seems o be normal.
All t100c2 have this donut. It'is linked to
the XR-E led!! It doesn't depend on your unit ,
because they all have this donut!!

I would like to take a picture of this donut
to compare with others but I don't know how
to magnifie this donut to make it visible
on a picture. :)

PLI

Newly Enlightened
Mine does not have a donut hole and it has a XP-E LED. I got it last week.
May be should I order another one of this great
flashlight ? :D
The donut is not annoying and maybe you have
not noticed It...
This flashlight is a really amazing thrower and
I recommend it without reserve!!!
The beam is something like this... It has been exagerated of course on the pictures to be visible...

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
May be should I order another one of this great
flashlight ? :D
The donut is not annoying and maybe you have
not noticed It...
This flashlight is a really amazing thrower and
I recommend it without reserve!!!
The beam is something like this... It has been exagerated of course on the pictures to be visible...
I do not see a donut hole. Is the donut you are talking about a halo/rings in the beam?