EagleTac T100C2

hsotnicam

Newly Enlightened
Thank your for the confirmation, Schwartz!
I just contact the kind people at 4sevens, and they agree to ship the replacement as soon as they got the return shipping confirmation number from me.

Mjolnir: Yes, the tail cap is fully tightened.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my T100C2 from Mike at PTS! I am very impressed. My unit has none of the stated issues thus far. Perfectly centered LED. Switch appears 100% reliable (i.e. no reason to doubt thus far) and no dust under the lens. My battery carrier also appears to be sanded, but I assume that it was done because it was acutally tested prior to shipping to guarantee that it was the correct dia. to fit in the tube. A positive in my view. Good thing it was too, since it is quite a tight fit.

Review to follow...just give me a couple days to gather my impressions.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
icon14.gif
GREAT!

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
i recieved my t100 yesterday, it came just as expected. good looking light, no problems with the finish. works perfectly , just as the 4 eagletacs i have purchased before it. I can see a very small dark area in the hotspot, but only when i am shining on a whitewall at a few paces. This beam is not like my previous eagletacs. This light is much more "throw" oreinted, but is still has alot of spill. I like the light alot. it will really reach out their very nicely, but you can still put it on low, and walk a trail with it, but at just a few feet away the hotspot is pretty bright on low.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually got a T100C2 today by accident. I ordered a P100C2 from 47's but instead got a T100, now worries I planned on getting them both anyway. I have no function problems like mentioned by people above.

I just came in from outside and I am very impressed when comparing it to my TK11 R2. The throw actually seems better than the TK and the head is much smoother to rotate vs. the TK. The beam tint is also a little better not as much blue/purple. One thing I noticed right off is their is no Cree rings which surprised me with this smooth reflector. The hot spot is really tight which may be why it appears to throw further than the TK11. There is also plenty of spill.I really can not believe what a bargain price this is. If one were to ask me what light to buy even if the price was even I would probably say the T100, and I am a huge Fenix fan. I think this is the first light I didn't clean and lube it came peferctly clean and very nicely lubed, I can see no reason to clean and lube again.

This is my first EagleTac and I have to say it is a very nice intruduction to their brand. A+

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine. This is definetly a throwy flashlight, the hotspot is tigher than my TK11R2. Very impressed.

At first I thought it was smaller than my TK11, but in fact it is longer and thicker in the body.

p1010490.jpg

You can hardly tell which is which if you grabbed one in the dark. Size and weight are almopst the same. The T100C2 throws better, but the TK11 is overall brighter.

I will be posting a small review soon.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pic richardcpf, I to thought it was smaller before I did a side by side comparison. I think it may feel smaller because the head is slightly thinner and it feels better balanced. The TK is a little more top heavy. I really like the knurled head to.

Zainal Abidin

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the picture, T100C2 will have deeper reflector than TK11. I bet T100C2 will have longer throw and more tight beam than TK11

Zainal Abidin

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the picture, T100C2 will have deeper reflector than TK11. I bet T100C2 will have longer throw and more tight beam than TK11

Finally received my T100C2 this afternoon. Will compare the performance with TK11, Jetbeam J3M. Looking into the reflector, it is confirm that T100C2 has deeper reflector compared to TK11

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no such thing like MP-E. It's just an idea to put four XP-E dies (which are bigger) into MC-E.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
They seem to have a buck circuit, and apparently they hand pick the LEDs with low Vf's so regulation is maintained.

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
Well, since the TK11 is probably the closest competitor to the T100c2, i think it would be fair to compare the 2 graphs...

T100c2
runtime_hi.gif

vs

TK11
runtime_turbo.gif

I bet Fenix is peeing in their pants now after seeing the runtime graphs of the T100c2 :D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well whatever they use/do I hope they keep it up.
I also hope other makers start looking at their competition and take notice. They might feel it in their wallets soon if not.
I bet Fenix is peeing in their pants now after seeing the runtime graphs of the T100c2 :D

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nightstalker, that is the graph for the normal TK11, not the R2 version. Apparently the R2 LEDs in the TK11 have a lower Vf, so the regulation is better.

bullettproof

Enlightened
The T100C2 is an amazing light.The XP-E is so tiny its hard to belive it produces so much light.Supposedly this light is driven at 850ma.I think it could beat a DBS R2 if Nailbender did his 1.4A driver mod to it.

I think since the XP-E is so tiny and powerful that its chip size to reflector ratio is greatly increased.So for its scale size the reflector is like an R2 with a A10 reflector.If you drove the XP-E hard I think it would be amazing.I bet if you took a DBS and put a XP-E in it the results would be mind blowing.