Eagletac tail click is being weird.

tjiscooler

Newly Enlightened
Hello. my Eagle tac G25C2 is having a strange problem. When I click it on it fires up normally, but if i squeeze or touch the button or even the rubber collar (the tail stand accessory) itll shut off. there is no click when I do this. If I touch it again itll turn back on and stay on. I think the light is in "tactical mode" if that makes any difference.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello. my Eagle tac G25C2 is having a strange problem. When I click it on it fires up normally, but if i squeeze or touch the button or even the rubber collar (the tail stand accessory) itll shut off. there is no click when I do this. If I touch it again itll turn back on and stay on. I think the light is in "tactical mode" if that makes any difference.

Can you remove/unscrew the switch and clean it out a bit with 'contact cleaner,' or isopropyl alcohol?

I've had some switches that went a bit 'dwanky' on me and sometimes cleaning them out can help.

Chris

tjiscooler

Newly Enlightened
Tried cleaning and didnt change much. BUT I figured out that it wasnt my fault the light switched off momentarily. i turned it on and put it down and it did it on its own. SO I put a fresh battery in it and I guess its an early warning feature that your cell is running down. KInda dumb on my part no to check that but no probs since then haha. thanks for the help.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a D25C Ti clicky in and couldn't figure out how they got the switch in there and thought about it a bit and saw that there's a rear tailcap that needs to be gingerly unscrewed, so I took it apart and saw two washer/spacers in there, but didn't bother squirting it with any cleaner. Worked the same once I got it back together, so that was a good omen.

Chris