Eagletac TX25C2vn KIT - Pocket Throw King R -What Spec and Runtimes

Sun Light

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Am buying a gift for my cousin. Looking for a good pocket thrower (for wow factor) but a light which can also be used for general bush walking as well (i.e. some useable flood up close).

This light looked good. Which spec would suit best? Also, what run time might you expect if run at max lumens.

Any other lights you would recommend!

Now up to 4 lights in 4 weeks - am I addicted?

drummer132132

Enlightened
Hi All,

Am buying a gift for my cousin. Looking for a good pocket thrower (for wow factor) but a light which can also be used for general bush walking as well (i.e. some useable flood up close).

This light looked good. Which spec would suit best? Also, what run time might you expect if run at max lumens.

For the TX25C2vn spec 3 and 4 are the options to look at. With spec 3 get more lumen with less throw compared to xpg2 and more heat though a larger hotspot. Spec 4 more throw less lumen but less heat and smaller hotspot. Spec 4 be able to run longer on max mode. What's good for both is the fact it has a diffuser. Nice for spreading the beam out. Also both have drivervnx2 which is very good. Tough choice between the two options. On a side note check out illumination gear, find the eagletac accessories section and look up the T series flip lense. It behaves the same way as the diffuser that comes with the kit version but the difference is that I don't think it's threaded on. Maybe email them about it and how it works with the TX25C2. Food for thought.

Hmmm this is a very tough choice haha. I can see benefits of both but what is the kicker is the diffuser which makes both versions very flexible. Xpg2 can throw far but with what I'm guessing is a fairly tight hotspot vs the xml2 but the diffuser makes the beam more useful for close up yet you still have the throw when you want it. Just max output is 715 lumen vs xml2's being 1100'ish (big guess there, nothing concrete to back it up).

I do not own this light so take what I say with a grain of salt. In terms of other recommendations I have a G25C2vn, getting the drivervn3, upgrade that I find to be a great light though lacking the ability to tail stand and pushes the boundary of being pocketable. Tailstanding is actually quite useful and find myself using my SC600 mkiii HI (which is another good light) for this purpose every day. Also on illumination gear they might still have the threaded version of the diffuser that is an aluminum flip cover. Very high quality and happy I got it.

Good luck.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Sounds like you need a Zoomie. Lights are either flood or throw or a balance. The need you describe is for a flashlight that can zoom in and out (I believe Vinh has 3 of those) or, a dedicated thrower with a diffuser lens that can cover the regular lens.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

is tx25c2vn your only choice?? You are paying $195 for 715 lumen,71k lux... You can get g25c2vn 1260 lumen, 100k lux for $200.

Sun Light

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. Might need to get two lights to try and keep the best one and give one away!

As an aside will both these lights run with standard Olight protected 3400mah 18650's? I have many of these...

Capolini

Banned
is tx25c2vn your only choice?? You are paying $195 for 715 lumen,71k lux... You can get g25c2vn 1260 lumen, 100k lux for $200.

Not quite a pocket thrower but light and relatively compact,,,,,,comes w/ a holster,do not need to put in pocket!

Better yet my M2Xvn. The old dedomed[this will be changed anyway] version is selling on Illumns for $60! Send it to Vinh and I guarantee the max price after mod would be $160,probably $140 like mine was. It is 1200 lumens and 280Kcd!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. Might need to get two lights to try and keep the best one and give one away!

As an aside will both these lights run with standard Olight protected 3400mah 18650's? I have many of these...

vinh like g25c2vn too. He say its the best tac light.