eb@y to stop selling 18650 cells?

Tesla

Enlightened
"Total US lawyer BS, they don't know anything else but to sue"

You mean their customers don't know anything else. Lawyers don't sue just for fun...that's just a bonus. :broke:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I ordered a pair of 18650 from an eBay seller 3 years ago. I was surprised when I opened the package and there was a cheap LED flashlight light. I was going to write a question to the seller, maybe he sent me something else by mistake? But then I noticed that it's just a shell for the actual batteries, the flashlight didn't even work.

I wouldn`t mind some of those fake lights, might be fun trying to make them into something that works :D

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im glad im.stocked up . i have a feeling ebay wont be the last

Afraid.of.dark

Newly Enlightened
Absolute freaking BS!! This world is turning into a horror show!

I hope they don't plan on going after the e-commerce stores specializing in these cells because that will be a major problem. Obviously someone is on a spree of wiping out the availability of the li-ion cells!

nbp

Flashaholic
Overreaction much? Just buy cells from the many great legitimate online stores we know and trust and relax.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be fine as long as you will find airmail shipping methods which are fine with loose li-ion cells. I would guess most sellers do not bother with these regulations and ship with whatever cheapest airmail option is available and the authorities have no way to find this out until an accident happens (read - airplane bursts into flames). I can imagine that within EU the sellers can have warehouses that ship with surface mail to end customers.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
btw this is no real loss.
99% of the 18650 cells on ebay were pure trash anyway.
or counterfeit.
they are still there but bundled with a garbage charger that multiplies the risk!
just wait till a cheap device intended to skirt this rule turns out to be more dangerous than boxed or shrinkwrapped cells!

3_gun

Enlightened
As of May 2021 this hasn't happened. Spent $140 of CV19 .gov money buying up needed rechargeables including 18650, 14500 & 16340 batteries