EDC Fire - Any Fire Capabilities Count

KuanR

TiSurvival also made the big peanut style lighter in my picture. Everything inside is titanium and made by Istaban himself.

The little peanut lighter is also titanium that I got from a store in Hong Kong.

KuanR

I think I have finally found my ideal lighter! I have always preferred the Zippo format along with using lighter fluid as the fuel source.
The downside to Zippo's are they evaporate over time, and the butane inserts just don't feel the same. The peanut/TiSurvival lighters are great and suit what I want except for its format. The screw on cap is just inconvenient for one handed use.

So what to do if I want a titanium Zippo that uses lighter fluid that won't evaporate and can be submerged in water?

Enter this new toy that I just got, the Carson War Armor 6AL4V titanium lighter. It runs a real Zippo insert but I can't leave that alone! The whole lighter is machined from 6AL4V titanium compared to the stamped nature of Zippo lighters. The hinge is hidden and rock solid, no side to side play at all.

Left to right: Zippo Armor, Carson lighter, Zippo Titanium

Notice anything in this picture? Yes there is a machined lip for an o-ring. I have dunk tested this lighter and it definitely keeps a seal, no water got inside so it should hold its fluid very well in the long run.

Here's a new Zippo upgrade I found, the Super Tank Oil Container made by Diamond in Japan. It replaces most of the rayon balls in the Zippo with a tank that holds far more fluid. The cap has a foam surround that absorbs oil through the threads in the tank and feeds into a thin layer of rayon and the wick.

I truly think I have found my ideal lighter. Zippo format machined from 6AL4V titanium, runing a real Zippo insert, water and evaporative proof, and now it holds a ton more fluid than any stock Zippo could ever dream of!
All of this didn't go together smoothly though. The Super Tank makes the Zippo insert a little thicker and the War Armor lighter is machined from solid titanium it just wouldn't fit inside. I had to sand the Zippo insert down and remove the 2 bumps on the side. Now it fits super snug and isn't going anywhere.

These 2 pieces go with me wherever I go and I don't foresee them changing any time soon.

KuanR

No problem. Since we are enjoy lights like McGizmo, Cool Fall, Mac, etc. this lighter feels very similar...hard to resist stone washed 6AL4V!

I have the Numyth lighter somewhere too. If you enjoy that, take a look at the TiSurvival Exo lighter. I have one that's in the pictures and all the internals are titanium and custom made by Esteban himself.

Nordac

f71e25fd4fa6279abc66827eeaecec2f.jpg