EDC Required Brightness Poll

How many Lumens do you require in your EDC?

• less than 1 lumen, anthing more is left to the sun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >1 but < 50 lumen, anyhing more and i go for the light switch

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • >50 but less than 150 lumens, A nice medim level, and just as bright as my maglight

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • >150 but <1000 Why not? Light size change isn't that dramatic

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • >1000 What does weight matter, its all about burning retinas

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
vadimax

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Lumintop IYP365 Nichia version on a daily basis and its 125 lm max is completely enough for me.

At the same time it would be unfair not to mention Lumintop TD16 XP-L HI in my bag, but I use it extremely seldom. Who knows what will change when I receive Elzetta B333...

Last edited:
T

thelastboyscout

Newly Enlightened
150 to 1000

carry at least 4 lights on me at all times (big pants) and all fall in the range.

all have a purpose for me at least including one to loan people when they do not have one.

Lastboyscout

When asked why I carry 4 I reply---so far it has gotten dark every day.

[FONT=&quot]Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing----------Helen Keller[/FONT]

M

mbw_151

Enlightened
My winter EDC is a Surefire Titan-A. I maintain that an EDC's job is all those quick, little tasks and to provide the necessary illumination to find a bigger light if necessary. I have plenty of lumen blasters, I just don't like to carry them around. They're close at hand, just not on my body. I use this same philosophy for my EDC knife, a Victorinox Classic. There are lots of larger knives/multitools, and I might EDC one on the weekend, but mostly they just close. It works for me. I appreciate other approaches mostly when I get a new light, but I always gravitate back to this one.

A

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My winter EDC is a Surefire Titan-A. I maintain that an EDC's job is all those quick, little tasks and to provide the necessary illumination to find a bigger light if necessary. I have plenty of lumen blasters, I just don't like to carry them around. They're close at hand, just not on my body. I use this same philosophy for my EDC knife, a Victorinox Classic. There are lots of larger knives/multitools, and I might EDC one on the weekend, but mostly they just close. It works for me. I appreciate other approaches mostly when I get a new light, but I always gravitate back to this one.

Do you mean a T1A?
This is my most used Go To light around the house and I use it every night if I need to get up in the dark and that works out to roughly every single night!
The Rotary control allows the T1A to go usefully lower than any other light that I have and a 123 battery lasts me 2 years in it too.
Just a great light for me.

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 2 3 and 4

Last edited:
liteboy

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
CPF used to have ability to make an actual poll.

tech25

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not a clearcut answer for me- It really depends on the light that I am using- my okluma I can use brighter and not feel overwhelmed due to the floody beam pattern, with my M61N in MD2 i switch between the high and low which can range from about 15 to about 300 lumens.

I think my range would be 15- 300 lumens. I do have brighter- my Okluma with XP-L for example goes over 1500 lumens but I like the 300 range for the better runtimes.

liteboy

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
This has an actual pool. It may just be the way you are viewing this thread.

Thanks I see it in web view. Poll is not structured well with one category from 150 to 1000 lumens. There is a super wide selection of lights in this wide spectrum.