EDC Requirements

DrunkRabbit

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, first post, flashlight newbie so don't dazzle me with your bright insights and glowing vocabulary. (puns all intended).

I recently bought a Sunwayman T45C and it is my only flashlight of note (there are a couple Maglites kicking around the house tho')

But I need an EDC light and haven't been able to locate one yet and thought you guys might be able to help...

Here are my absolute requirements:

1. Must run on a single AA
2. Must tail-stand
3. Must have on/off button… no twisty.
4. Must have low power mode (4 lumens or less) and run in that mode for greater than 40 hours (and longer the better).
5. Must have a diameter no greater than 3/4"
6. Bullet proof durability is a must

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

D.R.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest you search one of the big vendors who show sizes and run times,once you have narrowed your selection down you can then read the reviews.

happy surfing.:)

ven

Flashaholic
Also mr mcnair reminded me,the d25a in ti flavour,again AA or if you want more output 14500 compatible. Head tight for turbo/strobe,loose for modes of which has a moonlight.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
V11R with AA adapter.
Consider my 2 year old the bullet. It's been in cups of milk, scraped across pavement, dropped, crushed. Still awesome.

Lypiphera

Newly Enlightened
As stated above, the the ThruNite T10S appears to have everything you are looking for.

1. Uses one 1.5V AA battery.
2. Stand on tail to serve as a candle, with the wand covered on the head.
3. Tail-switch and twisting head design. [Can use either or]
Changing Modes

Method1: Half press the tail switch when the light is on to circle through firefly, low and high.
Method 2: When the light is on, loosen the head a bit until the light turns off and tighten it in 2 seconds to change modes.
Method 3: Click the tail switch to change modes (Interval between two clicks should be less than 2 seconds)

4. 169lumens(1.5hours),20lumen(39hours),0.2lumen(147hours)
5. 93.5mm (Length) x 19mm (Diameter). [3.681102" x 0.748031"]
6. Was stuck in the head by a .22 long rifle, lens destroyed and stuck in lowest mode, but still works. [Pretty much a worse case hit, electronics were a little lost but still managed to work. He has other destruction test videos as well]

Last edited by a moderator: