EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
Re: EDC... What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day?

In my pocket almost always is a Malkoff MD2 housing an M60 with a high/low ring and an AW 3400. :)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eagletac D25LC2 with Eagletac 3100mAh battery in left side pocket of Carhartt double front pants; right front pocket has two Surefire 123A batteries.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened

At the moment, an SC52. I'll probably be swapping in the new SC600 mkII now that I have it tho.

also have an ITC A3 on a neck lanyard with a pico flash drive.

diesel79

Enlightened

Either my HDS HCRI clicky or McGizmo HCRI Haiku.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast

At work- in holster malkoff md2 w/ m61L, in my pocket a photon, clipped to my back pocket- zebralight h51wf. Other times its zebralight sc600w clipped to pocket with the h51fw.

ThrowerLover

Newly Enlightened
EDC... What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day?

Mini MLR2. 24/7. Velcro strap wrapped around it and a clip to attach it to a cap as a headlamp. Same pocket - lip balm and a Victorinox with bottle opener, knife, pen, toothpick, scissors, nail file, and straight and Philips head screwdrivers. Weird part? I still feel underprepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So, yeah, I'm pretty much all that.

grayhighh

Enlightened
回覆: EDC... What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day?

McGizmo Haiku XP-G warm. My all time favorite

從我使用 Tapatalk 2 的 GT-N7100 發送

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened

A Peak Logan (17500) or El Capitan (14500) on my keychain, a Surefire C3 with Oveready Drop-in in my coat pocket. I then rotate a variety of single and double cell lights in my pocket (lately an Oveready E2E Copper, Surefire EB1 or McGizmo XR19 PD).

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened

At work I have a small belt pack by Maxpedition, that carries a Quark X 123^ Tactical in neutral, everywhere else a Quark X Tactical AA in neutral {had to lego that}. Both have the fantastic deep pocket clip. I am not as tech friendly as the younger generation so the simple UI of the tactical series works for me. I kept an Olight I2 on keys but got tired of it banging on my knee in the vehicle, and for nearly 20 years I had a Mag Solitare on my person at all times. Strange now when I turn one of those on my old eyes can barely tell its running.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

Currently, a bored 6P (OR). with McClicky, Vinh's Nichia 219 Hi CRI @ 2.8A - Cryos Cooling bezel, UCL. Glass, AW3100mAh. cell & I couldn't be happier! The 219 is directly bonded to a thick copper PCB and really puts out driven at 2.8A - I would guess about 300Lu. with the most beautiful tint ever (4500K.) I like this set-up very much! :thumbsup:

wedlpine

Enlightened

Lately my EDC has been a NiteCore SENS Mini. Before this it was an Olight S10.

Pekka

Newly Enlightened

What light do you actually carry on your person each day? NOT in your toolbox, or glove compartment, but in your pocket, or in a holster.

If you have a holster carry, please specify if it is for work, or a special purpose.

A stock Surefire G2 in a random nylon belt pouch I picked up somewhere. Nitrolon is friendly to the teeth and the fancy whizzbang lights I have at home don't add anything but extra cost in case it's lost and weight more. :ironic:

Used equally for work as well as leisure.

Poppy

Flashaholic

This whole thread can probably get moved into the Long running What's In Your Pockets? thread. Part 3 here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/319601

:poke:

Perhaps.

The reason I asked the question was because I wanted to know do people (outside of work) really carry the larger lights on their person everyday that are often suggested when a member asks for a EDC recommendation? I was kinda wondering... what kind of people am I hanging with on this forum? Is a TK35 or a 3D Maglight REALLY a EDC? I could understand it as a tool for work, that it might be carried everyday, but IMO that would be pushing it as a "just in case SHTF, I carry it in my pockets, or on my belt everyday" kind of light.

This thread asured me that for the most part, the people who post in this forum are "NORMAL" and are not flashlight freaks.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should add qualifying terms to EDC, such as
EDC - OMP "on my person" or OYP "On Your Person"
EDC - TBC "Tool Box Carry"
OTJC "On the Job Carry"

Certainly we can see that for the most part. People who responded to this thread carry single CR123 or smaller lights as their EDC's. Personally, I EDC a button cell StreamLight Nano.

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Absolutely everyday carry is a Lummi Wee SS, the Raw Ti is also very-nearly everyday too. It's a shame that the back-order issues are still ongoing and that faith has been lost in Lummi.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Firstly, I can imagine an edc coming in handy in mornings to more quickly get out the door, to change a flat tire after dark, and unplanned working in the garage/basement. Hmmm, all headlamp activities. Also, a small head lamp by nature can hang from belt loop and be forgotten. Though, to be out of mind, the small headlamps needs to have one week between charges, or about 8-10 hours runtime over the course of casual use each day.

I would say wide beam but with useful throw. An unscrewable reflector would be nice to make it a reading light. Probably all plastic for weight. I have found 3 AAA not suitable for such a light as you need to charge cells nearly every day, of spot use. A single 18650 works, if driven a little under an amp. I prefer a little over 1000 lux, minimal, with as many lumens as is up to date (>130 lpw for 2012) I do use a $17 lowes defiant xpg r3 headlamp, modded for single protected 18650, in this manner. Though, if manufactured as a single 18650, it could be much smaller. It would be better with driver. But the $17 price tag, is nice for a light put in high risk of damage and loss. It also does have low powered led, for 30+ hours of runtime off the 18650

Last edited:

awyeah

Enlightened

EagleTac D25C Clicky and FourSevens Mini-ML. Both are XP-G2s I think.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maratac Copper AA in my front jeans pocket.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast

My CX2DL (C2-BK with Cryos head, ST05 bezel, McC2S switch, Triad tailcap, and vinh's XM-L2 drop-in drive at 4.2A) is my primary light, in my pocket or clipped to my belt at all times. This is my "big gun", and I use it when I need an ungodly amount of light.

My secondary light is Quark X AA2 Tactical with CR123A body that I have attached to a quick-release ring and gear retractor. This is used when using the CX2DL will be a complete overkill.

My tertiary light is LED Lenser P3 AFS P, which, surprisingly, gets the most amount of use since its output is adequate for most tasks, not to mention the fact that the beam is beautiful when in flood mode.

I also carry several spare batteries. Four primary CR123As and a primary lithium AAA in Delrin battery tubes, and a primary lithium AA inside a Quark Pro/Tactical AA body.

I used to carry more lights and batteries, but have settled on the above for now.