EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Fenix e05 also an olight S10 baton. Will carry these on me most times.

no knives. We aren't allowed them in the UK. Shame cos there are some cool ones on this thread.

No knives allowed?!?!?! What a shame!!
I dunno what I would do, if that were the case here in California.
I think I would carry one any how!

ValeTudoGuy

Newly Enlightened
no knives. We aren't allowed them in the UK. Shame cos there are some cool ones on this thread.

That's not strictly true, if its under 3" and does not lock then you are well within your rights regardless..... If it's bigger and locks, then you just need a valid reason to be carrying it.... I.E. if your going camping or fishing... or if you need it for a task at work.

I often need to cut rope at work, so I carry knives often. I was also in the police for 5 years.

akg414

Newly Enlightened
I gotta say, this is such a cool site. Who knew flashlights could be so addictive. EDC knives too. I've found a new "happy place" on the iNet, LOL :thumbsup:

Once I get my Streamlight in the mail (being shipped as we speak), I'll post a picture of it and my EDC KErshaw.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I gotta say, this is such a cool site. Who knew flashlights could be so addictive. EDC knives too. I've found a new "happy place" on the iNet, LOL :thumbsup:

Once I get my Streamlight in the mail (being shipped as we speak), I'll post a picture of it and my EDC KErshaw.

:welcome:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's not strictly true, if its under 3" and does not lock then you are well within your rights regardless..... If it's bigger and locks, then you just need a valid reason to be carrying it.... I.E. if your going camping or fishing... or if you need it for a task at work.

I often need to cut rope at work, so I carry knives often. I was also in the police for 5 years.

It's not quite as simple as that. If an individual police officer hates knives and decides no one has a good reason to ever carry or use one in public.... That person gets arrested. That's the problem with having such ridiculous regulations as "Having a good reason."

Poppy

Flashaholic
It appears that ultimately it is a judge who makes the decision.
I don't know about the UK state of affairs, nor do I know about their laws, but a quick search of "UK statutes and knifes" and I found:
Basic laws on knives

It is illegal to:

• sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
  • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it's a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
................. A court will decide if you've got a good reason to carry a knife if you're charged with carrying it illegally.
Taken from https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife

I can't speak to NYC politics, but here on the Jersey side of the river, if a police officer makes too many "arrests" that are overturned by a judge, that officer may find himself walking a patrol of an abandoned factory. There is little support for officers who build their paycheck by making overtime because they have to appear in court.

Therefore I would have a tendency to go with ValeTudoGuy on this one. He did point out which blades are perfectly legal. Personally I would carry one of those, unless I had a tried and tested reason to carry another.

Unfortunately it appears that their statutes are quite archaic, and a sheet rock knife may be illegal. :(

bykim

Newly Enlightened
Pictures of some of my stuff

49UEVjGl.jpg

xBQUHd6l.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently sitting in my pocket is a modded MT-104 budget zoomable light from DealExtreme.

It's a tiny cylindrical zoom light (one of the smallest available) powered by a single IMR 14500.

I modded mine with the following:
* Structural adjustments to pill and bezel resulting in a much wider angle flood mode and 17k lux in spot mode.
* Replaced stock 14mm driver with 17mm 3-mode Nanjg 105c driver filed down to fit
* Replaced CREE XPE on aluminum star with dedomed 3D tint neutral white XPL on copper Noctigon.
* Replaced clicky switch with custom electronic switch. Same effect and UI, but much quieter to click.
* Replaced orange tailcap booth with black Fenix tailcap boot.
* Filed down fluting around battery compartment and added a rubber grip sleeve taken from a cheap Rayovac 1xAAA light. The rubber sleeve provides excellent grip.
* Replaced stock aspheric lens with a shorter focal length one taken from a different budget light. Results in a wider spot beam.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Please, no more knife law posts in this thread. It is OT here. Start a thread in the Cafe if the conversation needs to continue.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my old AAA Maglite just croaked. As in the internals are broken so i'll probably upgrade that to an LED but for now my new EDC light is the AA Mag (plan on upgrading that one to LED as well).

Full Power

Newly Enlightened
We all have to start a (new) hobby, passion, interest.. ..whatever one wishes to call collecting top-rated Lights is their right..
I've, over the years, had a variety of FlashLights, for me the, UltraFire*, XML-T6, is by far (on my budget) is the best light I've owned (to date). It's my starter, of which I'd rather have as part of my EDC, than none at all.
In the right front hip pocket is a Tac-Force*, spring-assisted blade...in the back-pack is a (clone) Hinderer* ~ with no complaints.
Not enough time for permission to upload pics yet.

Full Power ☮

Sent from a BlueLight using Candlepowerforums

jax

Newly Enlightened
Lately I have been carrying a Gerber scout for a knife,and a L3 Illumination L10 for a small pocket light.
and for a big light for my jacket when I go out,I have been carrying some p60 lights and trying out several new drop ins for them.
Right now the big light is a Solarforce l2p with a 2x 18650 body loaded with 2 Nimh cells + spacer,for multi day low output runtime with a triple nichia sportac dropin.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
TubeVN + P7 clip
i3S
PD22 200
Delica
Pilot G2 07
2 folded used envelopes
several dog bags
garage door remote
cell
keys (3) + car fob