EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a wimp in the flashlight world...I carry a Fenix e05...

Nothing about that to make you a wimp! If you use what you have and have what you use, then it's the right light! Nothing wrong with an E05...:thumbsup:

This is a great thread. We all have so much cool hardware, but what do we REALLY use? Which one do you most often find in your pocket? Well, I bought the one I'm carrying out of curiosity, and it has pretty much taken over.

Tan Sunwayman V10R
DQG AAA on my keychain
Spyderco - I think it's a Walker - I love my Hinderer XM, but this lightweight Spydie is what I find in my pocket most often!

pocket+lights.jpg

loquutis79

Enlightened
Besides my wallet, keys, and Nakaya fountain pen,[no more change cause I spend it all on flashlights] I now carry my newest torch. It is the Eagle Tac D25LC2. As much as I like my Fenix lights and the Klarus XT2C [which has no clip-curse you Klarus and rthyms with "flowing ear" for not sending me one with a clip], my true fav. is the Eagle Tac. Wow! The Lumens! The really small size!! The CLIP!!! This is the torch I have been looking for.
I totally love this light.

Steve Barnhart

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0273b.jpg

Surefire Z1 with an XM-L T6 on Surefire 3V primaries
Uniquefire G10 on 14500
Zebra 301 pen
Spec Ops wallet (with a zipper pocket for thumbdrives)
Badge
Sig Sauer P232 .380 7+1
Glock 19 15+1
Spare Glock mag - 18
Smith & Wesson SWBG2TS Border Guard 2 Rescue Knife - seatbelt cutter, glass punch, 4.4" blade
On the key chain:
Res-Q-Me Tool
Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Multi-Tool
El cheapo pinch light with a battery that I can't seem to kill
Iphone - a 3GS, I think. Don't really care what the model is as long as it works

Someone earlier in the thread suggested that we provide our occupation with the post to help understand the reasoning behind the items we carry. I'm a full time state law enforcement instructor, teaching high risk warrant & arrest tactics and constitutional law. I have previously taught electronic surveillance, electronic theory and soldering skills to law enforcement technical personnel. I am in on-duty status as a police officer when working. I have been in law enforcement for 22 years. Since I am a state government employee, my financially required second job is professional photographer, which I have done for over 26 years. In my spare time, I am a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical responder in the county where I live (another 10 years). Gee, I sound old now.

So that's what is in my pockets or on my belt when I leave for work. I also have my man-bag in the car when traveling, in my classroom when teaching, or in my office when doing as little work as possible. It's a Maxpedition bail-out bag with a medical trauma kit and boo-boo kit, extra ammunition, spare light and Leatherman Wave multi-tool, 10x monocular, ASP baton, mirror, safety glasses, rescue strap and carabiner, 100' 550 cord, Surefire G2, police traffic vest, mini spools of duct tape and electrical tape, earplugs, ballistic trauma plate, and a shove knife.

My first post - glad to be here and hello to everyone.

-Steve
wink2.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it comes to threads like these there's "actual EDC" and then "carry on days when I feel like I want to haul a lot of stuff around." The latter obviously makes for a more entertaining picture so that's what gets posted. Or at least that's what I post. :D

Reminds me of an image I saw once. Comparing "my EDC" and "my EDC when browsing xyz forum."

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been nearly a year since I posted mine, so there's been a few substitutions and additions:

7a97a278-f304-02c9.jpg

Casio PRG-240 (same)
iPhone 4S (upgraded from 4)
Generic polarized sunnies
Mac's Tri-EDC with High-CRI emitters
Leatherman Charge TTi
Wallet (same)
Kershaw Junkyard Dog II

On my keys:
Peanut Lighter
Whistle (trackable on Geocching.com)
32GB Flash Drive
Quark Preon High CRI
Victorinox Climber
Inka Pen

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I carry a satchel "not a man purse" to work so I keep what I actually carry on me pretty light. I have nitrile gloves, small tool kit, aspirin, blood pressure tester, blood sugar tester, car keys with a lego darth vader light:p , pens, another knife, a full lock pick kit for house doors and car doors, auto jigglers, small monocular, and two more lights usually a nitecore tm-11 for flood and a dereelight aspheric for throw.
I am a supervisor on nights in a 650,000 square foot facility. I am running the entire building so I have to be the nurse, HR, and sometimes maintenance since everybody else leaves at 5pm.

Family forum. Image removed. Wallet not appropriate.

SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
This is right now...The light and knife changes depending on my mood. I also have a Streamlight Nano (soon to be Thrunite Ti) on my key ring, which I couldn't fit in the pic and make look decent....

2012-07-02110843.jpg

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
It's been awhile guys and gals but here goes. My EDC is Old School, my phone is a Samsung T139. My belt carry is a Victorinox SwissChamp, along with a 4Sevens Q Mini 123. The lights that I'm pocket carrying today are a Surefire E2E Executive Elite with a Malkoff Valiant Concepts VME head loaded with an M61LL. Also, a SF C2 Centurion BLK loaded with a Solarforce R5 Single mode DI. And last but not least a SF C3 Centurion bored to take 18500s, loaded with a Lighthound R5 Single mode DI. And I can't forget my EDC blade is an Ontario RAT 1. (Love that knife). Happy Dark Trails.

fishndad

Enlightened
I'll alternate with this selection.

Whats in your pockets?
Must be the original packaging the light and spiderco came in by the looks of the condition.

Mine, today was M11r,kerswaw 3" on my keys,sharpie and bic

Chowser

Newly Enlightened
This was last year. This year, I replaced the Android phone with an iPhone. Everything else is still the same.
Light is 4sevens quark mini123, knife is the HK Ally knife.

p1030908n.jpg