EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach honda

Enlightened
Wireman, Warp.... I feel you on the sheep thing, but unless we get back on topic, they r just going to shut us down....

So lets get back to seeing some action shots. I want to see those pockets, people!

Last edited:

worldedit

Enlightened
I heard a story about a police officer. His wife was very afraid cause he had to handle a gun. To make her feel better, he pulled out his gun and demonstrated how safe it was. Then he accidently shot her.
Please dont kill me cause i cant prove this. But you know how much friendly fire the police got to deal with. I hope you can handle your gun better than this poor man.

tussery

Enlightened
Here to get back on topic some:
P1010121.JPG

Surefire E2D with Strike bezel adapted KL4. (Main carry light)
Surefire E2L Cree (Carry this sometimes over the E2D)
Benchmade HK 14460SBT Nitrous Blitz assisted opener.
Keys
Wallet
Motorola SLVR
Traser 6500 with The Band®

Warp

Enlightened
I heard a story about a police officer. His wife was very afraid cause he had to handle a gun. To make her feel better, he pulled out his gun and demonstrated how safe it was. Then he accidently shot her.
Please dont kill me cause i cant prove this. But you know how much friendly fire the police got to deal with. I hope you can handle your gun better than this poor man.

FYI: Accidental gun deaths are very, very low. There are something like 280 million guns in the US, and very very few accidental gun deaths.

The real killer: Automobibiles. Over 40,000 deaths per year.

And when it comes to children, more drown in buckets.

For good measure, there are four basic rules for safe gun handling that everybody should know:

1) Always treat every gun as if it were loaded
2) Never allow the gun to point at something you are not willing to shoot.
3) KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, and out of the trigger guard, unless/until your sights are on target and you are preparing to fire.
4) Know your target and what lies beyond.

In order to do something stupid like shoot yourself or your wife (natural selection at work there) you have to break multiple rules.

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
You miss my point (and my iq). To carry a gun would make me feel save to. But to standing next to someone who has a gun gives me the creeps. I dont have to proof anything to you, im telling my opinion. Why are you so aggressive? Cant you dicuss something without offending me?

I surely could discuss something without offending you, but I refuse to. You opffended me when you spouted out BS, so I am just returning the favor.

You weren't posting your opinion, you were posting statements as fact, when they actually weren't. Misinformation like that offends me, and everyone else with a pulse.

If you have a problem standing next to someone with a gun, you better get one of your own, cause there are hundreds of thousands of criminals who have guns and want to use them to hurt you. The people who you SHOULD want to stand next to are the honest, law abiding citizens who only carry a firearm to defend their own life, and possibly yours too.

worldedit

Enlightened
Those rules are a good thing.

@tussery: How do you carry this? Im shure you dont want a strike bezel near your cell phone.

Maybe you all could put holsters, pouches etc. on the pix too.

Warp

Enlightened
EDCAugust2007.jpg

Picture is incorrect: Inova X1 is out, Surefire G2 P61 is in.

Glock 26 with GAP enterprises baseplate
2oz Fox Labs cop top OC
Fenix P3D CE
Fenix P1 on key ring
Surefire G2
Spyderco Delica (serrated blade)
Gerber AR3.00 (straight edge)
Wallet with spare door key to car (not ignition)
Cell phone
Ankle carrier with G17 spare magazine and Gerber multi-tool.

Ankle carrier goes with me 95% of the time. Everything else is 100%, as allowed by local laws.

FYI: Everything that goes in a holster has the holster present in this picture.

My lights all go in pockets.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI: Everything that goes in a holster has the holster present in this picture.

My lights all go in pockets.
How do you fit all those crap in comfortably? I have a spyderco Endura, a fenix p3d, plus the usual cellphone, keys, wallet and it's already really too much.

Warp

Enlightened
How do you fit all those crap in comfortably? I have a spyderco Endura, a fenix p3d, plus the usual cellphone, keys, wallet and it's already really too much.

Gun in IWB holster on proper gun belt.
Fox labs 2oz pepper spray and Fenix P3D upright in left front pocket.
Wallet right back pocket.
Cell phone at bottom of right front pocket, horizontally.
Keychain (with P1) in right front pocket, hanging via the clip from a belt loop, they all stay above the phone.
Gerber clipped to right front pocket.
Surefire G2 in pocket on the right side of my jeans and Spyderco Delica clipped to outside pocket on left pant leg. (carpenter jeans) All my jeans are the same basic design. There is a great pocket on the outside/right that will hold a G2/6P sized light perfectly. It absolutely will not fall out but can be quickly retrieved.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight: Draco or one of the McGizmos
swiss army knive/watch/altimeter: Vic Traveller Lite
pen: Lindauer
phone: iPhone
wallet: "Tactical wallet" (edcforums)

A lot of people don't see a "reason" to carry a gun until they are robbed at gunpoint, home invaded, carjacked

What good is your gun going to do you when someone else has a gun pointed at your head?
These are YOUR examples.
How would your gun help you in those situations?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well damn, I can't imagine that would be comfortable. Maybe you don't mind it but I really can't stuff that many things in my pocket.

Warp

Enlightened
Well damn, I can't imagine that would be comfortable. Maybe you don't mind it but I really can't stuff that many things in my pocket.

Yeah, it's fine.

Stuff in my pocket used to irritate me, but just like getting used to a wallet...well, you get used to it and it feels off if you don't have them.

Speaking of which, the most uncomfortable thing I carry is my wallet.

tussery

Enlightened
@tussery: How do you carry this? Im shure you dont want a strike bezel near your cell phone.

I wear Carhartt Carpenter jeans so I keep my flashlight in the small pocket on the left side of my jeans, and the cellphone in the small pocket on the right side. Keys and knife in my right pocket.

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
What good is your gun going to do you when someone else has a gun pointed at your head?
These are YOUR examples.
How would your gun help you in those situations?

Not everything is as black and white as you make it out to be. The criminal threatening his life will most likely take his eyes (or gun) off of the victim, in which the victim might be able to get a shot off, effectively saving his own life.

With gun ownership comes responsibility, mainly training (whether home or professional) and practice. With those two items it gets easier to use your own firearm while one is being pointed at you.

Hey look, they want more then just a wallet, this couldn't be true according to worldedit!
Execution of 4 innocent people (three died, one lived after being shot in the head) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/09/national/main3151177.shtml

Hey AndyTiedye, I'd rather go down at least trying to defend myself, instead of letting someone execute me. That's the difference between me and you, and the reason why you are a sheep.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys -suggest this is taken to the Underground. This is a great, long running thread, and I for one would not like to see it CLOSED.

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
Can you show me where that has been said?
here for example Do you know what your 2nd amendment actually says? "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" Are you a member of the militia? Do you know what bear arms means? From the Oxford Dictionary "to serve as a soldier, do military service, fight," So you still have the right to do all this.
Where are the hard facts to back this assertion up? I asked for them, yet you have not provided them, why is that?
AND
Show me, prove what you said.
AND
Again, you are pulling figures from the top of you head, not once have you shown one bit of empirical evidence to prove your point.
I gave you four or five sources you only have to look them up if you don't believe me. Google is your friend I imagine for most of them but you may have to go to a library since I am not about to post the books to you. I did quote a figure if you carry a firearm you are 2.4 times more likely to be murdered by a firearm Oh and that was lawfully owned. You are also 16.7 times more likely to die by accuident from a gunshot or 18.9 times more likely to commit suicide with one.

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
here for example Do you know what your 2nd amendment actually says? "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" Are you a member of the militia? Do you know what bear arms means?

I am a member of the militia.

U.S. Code Title 10 Section 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

And I'll bet he is too.

But that is beside the point. That "militia" argument is not valid. It does not say that the "militia" has the right to keep and bear arms. It says "the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". Of the people.

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
here for example Do you know what your 2nd amendment actually says? "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" Are you a member of the militia? Do you know what bear arms means? From the Oxford Dictionary "to serve as a soldier, do military service, fight," So you still have the right to do all this.
I gave you four or five sources you only have to look them up if you don't believe me. Google is your friend I imagine for most of them but you may have to go to a library since I am not about to post the books to you. I did quote a figure if you carry a firearm you are 2.4 times more likely to be murdered by a firearm Oh and that was lawfully owned. You are also 16.7 times more likely to die by accuident from a gunshot or 18.9 times more likely to commit suicide with one.

Your little militia argument has been bashed so I don't have to go into that.

What left? Just more numbers? No proof at all other than anti-firearm statistics made up on the spot.

BTW guys, owning a firearm makes you more likely to kill yourself, did you read that? Next he'll say that eating bananas will make you more likely to get run over by a train.

Warp

Enlightened
That would only seem logical as you would practically have to own a gun for either to happen...

Yeah, imagine that, in order to shoot yourself with, or committ suicide with, a gun...you first have to have one.
:laughing:

The lengths some people will go to.

If you believe you are not competent enough to handle a firearm without shooting yourself, then don't. If we think we are able to do so, that is our choice.

If you believe you will committ suicide with your gun, should you own one, then please seak professional help immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.