Elzetta Bones flashlight - Elzetta first 18650 light

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I take it more as a 3 stage beam. Pencil inner, corona middle ring, outer spill. By metering the shot, you can see the different intensities of light in the same hotspot, where the shot is normally washed out.

Exact-uh-mundo!!

I could not get the celphone camera to show what you see. Because it either showed the inner and middle, or middle and spill.

Maybe I'll wipe the dust off of an SLR and try to get all three... or maybe not.

Last edited:

Slightchance

Newly Enlightened
I have a few tail caps for the bravo/charlie lights and as soon as I got my Bones in I immediately started swaping things around. The website says the tail caps aren't compatible with the bones model, but I don't think that is quite the case.

The bones' bezel seems to fit well on my AVS head and the tail caps fit perfectly. The optics also swap.

The bones' tail cap works perfectly on both my charlie and bravo bodies with both the AVS head and the m60.

However, the rotary cap doesn't turn on my bones at all.

The high/low tail cap meanwhile does. The high works just fine but the low mode seems lower than my bravo (with AVS head) on low.

Now I don't know if using the existing tail caps could potentially hurt anything, but if you don't mind the colors not matching and (what seems to me like a lower output on low) you could probably get away with using the bravo/charlie tail caps on the bones.

I have only used an 18650 in the bones so far.

Edit: Also the tint of the bones is not as warm to my eyes as the AVS heads, but the beams are very close otherwise.

Last edited:

Jlui

Newly Enlightened
Sweet. Someone confirmed the hi/low tail cap works with the bones.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bleh. I'd like to try an Elzetta but they're just so dang ugly. SF is SO MUCH more attractive.

Infidel!!! :D

But it to be true, Bones haven't passed my aesthetics threshold and I opted to a definitely beautiful and more expensive Bravo AVS.

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Infidel!!! :D

But it to be true, Bones haven't passed my aesthetics threshold and I opted to a definitely beautiful and more expensive Bravo AVS.
I ended up getting the Bravo AVS too but I'm gonna sell it. The tint is just... It's pretty and very cozily warm but I like cool tints better.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up getting the Bravo AVS too but I'm gonna sell it. The tint is just... It's pretty and very cozily warm but I like cool tints better.

Want my advice? :) Once upon a time I preferred CW as well, but the time has passed and now I value NW and Nichia rosy tints. It's a matter of time, man, if you continue to read the forum :)

For me it was a bit easier -- I have ordered a B333 + flood lens. And yes, I was not impressed with the clear lens beam profile. It takes too much effort to place it perfectly centered against the LED. Any misalignment pops up as an array of artifacts in the beam. But the flood lens is pure perfection.

Now it is B343 and I cannot stop enjoying it.

If your resources are not limited just give it a rest. Perhaps, later it will gain value in your eyes :)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will grow on you and then you'll wonder why you were bothered.
I modded a light this year with a dedomed XP-L, It was so warm I hated it. I kept on trying though. I lost the light last week and am quite bereft, I really miss the luscious warm tint.
P

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I have a few tail caps for the bravo/charlie lights and as soon as I got my Bones in I immediately started swaping things around. The website says the tail caps aren't compatible with the bones model, but I don't think that is quite the case.

The bones' bezel seems to fit well on my AVS head and the tail caps fit perfectly. The optics also swap.

The bones' tail cap works perfectly on both my charlie and bravo bodies with both the AVS head and the m60.

However, the rotary cap doesn't turn on my bones at all.

The high/low tail cap meanwhile does. The high works just fine but the low mode seems lower than my bravo (with AVS head) on low.

Now I don't know if using the existing tail caps could potentially hurt anything, but if you don't mind the colors not matching and (what seems to me like a lower output on low) you could probably get away with using the bravo/charlie tail caps on the bones.

I have only used an 18650 in the bones so far.

Edit: Also the tint of the bones is not as warm to my eyes as the AVS heads, but the beams are very close otherwise.

Hey Slight! Just want to give you a heads up on using the high/low cap on the bones. The Bones battery tube is sort of sharp where it interfaces with the tail cap. The pin inside the tailcap that rides on the battery tube looks like it could definitely get messed over by riding around on that. Bravo on left, Bones on right.
http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums...9-492f-47f9-8f90-b28fee4415ae_zpsfs1fbmfw.jpg

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I agree that the Bones logo looks cheesy, not sure if it's a deal breaker for me or not but I wouldn't even mind having a plain black one with no printing on it at all

Johnnyh

Enlightened
If you really hate that logo here's one idea (if you like clips)
JH140009_zpsnoxcuuzc.jpg

Latest posts