Elzetta Bravo tint??

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
SO I am thinking about finally trying out the Elzetta bravo. (B133 to be exact) But I am wondering the tint. I have heard that Elzetta has a neutral white tint. Is the ELZ tint perfectly white or is it towards the warm side?

I absolutely love my Surefire Fury but I just can't deal with the warm/green tint any longer and want something that is balanced. I love, love love the tint of my G2X Pro because throughout the beam from hot spot to spill is PERFECT white. But it isn't potted and just isn't modular enough for me.

So does the Elzetta bravo 650 lumen have a white tint or warm?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My 315 lumen Alpha is pretty close to the same tint as my D model G2x Pro. If you are familiar with Malkoff N tints that too is pretty close.

Don't know if they have changed the Bravo to match the the Bones (at least to me) or the 415 Alpha, but they lean ever so close to warm. Closest thing my eyes have ever seen to mid afternoon sunshine in an LED light.
Others may say different. That's just one users perspective. I'm a pure white fan but I think Elzetta changes are great.... at least in the Bones and Alpha 415.

Last edited:

Voider

Enlightened
I have several Bravos. They are my go to torches. I'd approximate their color temp at 5000K, (so neutral). Definitely no gag-reflex-green to the tint. Also no medieval 3000K warmth nor "why-is everything-out-of-focus" 6700K blue.

Slightchance

Newly Enlightened
I have a 315 lumen alpha, an AVS head for the bravo/charlie, a bones, and a m60 module from Elzetta.

The AVS head looks like it has a slight warm touch to it to me.

My alpha looks neutral to me, and my bones looks sort of in the middle between the AVS head and the alpha.

I can only really tell side by side. Outside the differences are less noticeable than inside.

At least to my novice eyes.

I haven't really noticed much of a difference in actual use though.