Elzetta Limited Edition

Wicked870

Newly Enlightened
I'm no expert and i'm not sure i could get the look of it right, bur i'm half sure i could manufacture something similar to that for you if you give me the dimensions of it in a proper way.

Attachments

• RCS-Pocket-Clip-mounted-on-lights.jpg
    RCS-Pocket-Clip-mounted-on-lights.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Raven-Concealment-Pocket-Clip.jpg
    Raven-Concealment-Pocket-Clip.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 29
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 28
  • opplanet-raven-concealment-pocket-pocket-clip-3-pack-sfpgclp-3pk-2d1-za-sfpgclp3pk-main.jpg
    opplanet-raven-concealment-pocket-pocket-clip-3-pack-sfpgclp-3pk-2d1-za-sfpgclp3pk-main.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 26
  • RCS-Pocket-Clip-after-market-clip-for-flashlights.jpg
    RCS-Pocket-Clip-after-market-clip-for-flashlights.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 25
  • 4-6_18c12d5f-f2df-40aa-ba43-7b7f97037b8f_2000x2000.jpg
    4-6_18c12d5f-f2df-40aa-ba43-7b7f97037b8f_2000x2000.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 9147320105_e0ed1af7b7_h.jpg
    9147320105_e0ed1af7b7_h.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 24

fulee9999

Enlightened
What... is.... that??? 🤤🤤🤤 it resembles Malakoff. Good lord almighty

*Malkoff

but you're dead on, it has a Malkoff P60 drop-in, from way back when Elzetta worked with Gene and so this is not only a one-off for Knights Armament but also has a Malkoff drop-in.

the familiar sight:

1706900338360.png

( one caveat with this model is that the P60 is press fit into the light body, so you can absolutely remove it - someone from here even has, I'll try to find who @scalpel_ninja has demonstrated how - but it's not as easy as the other p60 platform models )

next to it's brethren MD2:

1706900293189.png

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
You don't have a pair of callipers you could measure the width etc. with? Or something like a ruler, anything with numbers on it? I don't have access to those flashlights, it's hard to guess based on the look of it alone.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have a pair of callipers you could measure the width etc. with? Or something like a ruler, anything with numbers on it? I don't have access to those flashlights, it's hard to guess based on the look of it alone.
more info on light can be found here:

LRJ88

Enlightened
more info on light can be found here:

I'm sorry, i didn't quote that properly, i was asking Wicked in post #41 in regards to the wire clips.

fulee9999

Enlightened

I might be wrong here, but I think the yellow elzettas share the same diameter as the other ones, so Ninja's measurements could be used, or as he pointed out in his tests, even a Malkoff or SureFire body shares the same size

It's my fault, i should've made sure i quoted it properly.

I might be wrong here, but I think the yellow elzettas share the same diameter as the other ones, so Ninja's measurements could be used, or as he pointed out in his tests, even a Malkoff or SureFire body shares the same size

I have a Charlie at home and can take some caliper measurements when I get back.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I've gotten measurements from several people now, i think i've been able to piece together enough info to at least give it a shot so far. I don't own any Elzetta lights, i have some Malkoff MDC using an 16650 but those aren't compatible, what i think will be compatible is a Surefire G2Z and a Solarforce L2T though, so i'm going to try to mod towards that and get a proof of concept to begin with. Thank you for the pictures.

yearnslow

Enlightened
Good Heavens! The OP's Elzettas are stunning!
I toyed with the idea of getting one when they first came out, but bought a C2 LED and put a Malkoff in it.
I'm wondering if I made the right decision looking at those Limited editions!....

rrego

Enlightened
Seen these back in the day on here on members' lights. Do these fit snug and static or do they rotate freely when on the light?

I have a SolarForce clip, but it rotates when mounted on a Surefire since the body and tailcap don't meet.

The only Surefire with clip that I use is my legoed U2 with a P60 head.

Wicked870

Newly Enlightened
With my experiences, yes it will pretty much stay put, but it would rotate if you like me, have a high low tailcap or anything where you have to loosen the tailcap, it will spin on you. It was a non issue in use, though because there is a fat O-ring you can use for leverage and only the tailcap button and no side switches.

Wicked870

Newly Enlightened
Seen these back in the day on here on members' lights. Do these fit snug and static or do they rotate freely when on the light?

I have a SolarForce clip, but it rotates when mounted on a Surefire since the body and tailcap don't meet.

The only Surefire with clip that I use is my legoed U2 with a P60 head.
Then again, the thyrm clips don't fare ANY better as they sometimes rely on a gasket to provide the tension they need to stay in place. That gasket will inevitably pop off and down just on to the body of the light from time to time even if only partially.

Then again, the thyrm clips don't fare ANY better as they sometimes rely on a gasket to provide the tension they need to stay in place. That gasket will inevitably pop off and down just on to the body of the light from time to time even if only partially.
Thyrm LPCs work well on my Elzettas, even with a hi/lo. The trick is to put the O-ring between the clip and the cap.

So installation is tricky but possible with tweezers. With the cap off, slip the LPC on, then put the O-ring on and use tweezers to pull down and guide the ring to right above the plastic lip of the clip, then thread the tail cap on. I do swap out different sized O-rings to find that perfect amount of tension and thickness to prevent spinning and not allow it to squeeze out from under the cap. I also try to keep the O-ring as dry as possible for traction. To activate the hi/lo, I turn the cap with the clip together.

Wicked870

Newly Enlightened
Thyrm LPCs work well on my Elzettas, even with a hi/lo. The trick is to put the O-ring between the clip and the cap.

So installation is tricky but possible with tweezers. With the cap off, slip the LPC on, then put the O-ring on and use tweezers to pull down and guide the ring to right above the plastic lip of the clip, then thread the tail cap on. I do swap out different sized O-rings to find that perfect amount of tension and thickness to prevent spinning and not allow it to squeeze out from under the cap. I also try to keep the O-ring as dry as possible for traction. To activate the hi/lo, I turn the cap with yo

So installation is tricky but possible with tweezers. With the cap off, slip the LPC on, then put the O-ring on and use tweezers to pull down and guide the ring to right above the plastic lip of the clip, then thread the tail cap on. I do swap out different sized O-rings to find that perfect amount of tension and thickness to prevent spinning and not allow it to squeeze out from under the cap. I also try to keep the O-ring as dry as possible for traction. To activate the hi/lo, I turn the cap with the clip together.
That is also true. I've also found that with the raven clip, (on the surefire G2X pro) is too thick for the tailcap to make a good enough connection. You just end up squeezing the clip out of the groove if you can picture what I'm trying to say.

Wicked870

Newly Enlightened
I just barely got one. Once I received mine, I checked and within a few days, it was all sold out. Phew! It was close. I watched it for a couple weeks and thought for sure I'd miss out on it this time around.