Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

peter yetman

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Mike
Next to the Alpha it looke like a tiddler.
I shall wait for Knives and Tools to get them in. Unless of course we get a Trade Deal with the US with special allowances for flashlights. Now that would be a thing.
Happy Doodah.
P

kj2

kj2

Flashaholic
Thanks Mike
Next to the Alpha it looke like a tiddler.
I shall wait for Knives and Tools to get them in. Unless of course we get a Trade Deal with the US with special allowances for flashlights. Now that would be a thing.
Happy Doodah.
P
Wait for K&T.. I don't expect them to start selling Elzetta again.

peter yetman

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a blow KT, i did notice they were all showing out of stock.
Have to wait for the new Trade Deal then.
P

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Perhaps the 'non gun' aspect of the G-Line and the price will cause knife and tool stores across the big pond to reconsider carrying Elzetta products.
I half expect to see some in 'outdoor gear' stores over here by spring. Will they be able to compete with the Olight and Fenix crowd in those stores? Hard to know at this point.

I've used my aa G at night to navigate my darkened home and really like the reach of the low setting. It did cause me to wonder if there was a typo and it's 10.5 lumens, not 1.5 so I also carried my floody 6 or 7 lumen night light at one point and that one had me squinting. So I suppose it really is only 1.5 lumens. Yet it reaches from end to end of my home at 2am with a gentle spill to see well enough to not smack my toes into furniture or wall corners.

I compared it to the ice cream cone shaped low beam of the new Fenix E01 and definitely prefer the less output of the Elzetta in complete darkness at those times I want to go back to sleep after checking over the house.

I wonder if Elzetta offered colored lenses if folks would go for those. Perhaps a lens kit with a rubber sleeve to go over the end to hold the lens.

20-B69-C72-793-C-4-A4-C-BF09-CEFA6-D90-ED24.jpg

Like this one for the JetBeam RRT01

A

aznsx

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
My favorite vape juice supplier has switched to FedEx 2 day now instead of USPS priority.

You can probably thank me for that, at least partially. I'm one who was already doing special shipping requests to have things shipped FedEx before the switch. I guess I helped. Yay!! No more e-mails w/ their shipping people required to make that happen! (although they were very helpful and responsive to my needs, it must be said)

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Ordered some Elzetta batteries today. RCR's and AA's. And a backup AA EDC.

If USPS is still crippled I figure they'll arrive around Ground Hog day. If Elzetta has temporarily changed shippers, much sooner.

I considered the EDC 123 but will wait on that.

M

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi is the new AA reflector smooth or orange peel ? Thanks

neutralwhite

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
elzetta tell that the LED in the new 850L bones is an upgrade from its old one.
what could it be?
I don't even know what the old LED was. - Cree XM-L2? what's it's upgrade?

they don't tell , they say for various reasons.
?.

Last edited:
bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Hi is the new AA reflector smooth or orange peel ? Thanks
Mirror smooth.

It's been my bedside table light lately. As I get used to what it is and isn't my brain is "well can it do X?" such as similar to the alpha hi/lo select a higher output in momentary then release pressure to resume lower output? No.
There is a slight amount of play in the threads tho so you can change settings by pulling on the head towards the tail while it's turned off if you want to change modes that way. That way it starts off in which of the three settings you prefer or reminds you what setting you last used. Takes a little practice though.

You hold the light by the head with the body towards the palm, tug on the head toward the palm and watch for the changes. Tug repeatedly until you reach the setting you prefer. Release and that is the setting it will start on next time. Also useful when twisting to turn on/off but you accidently advanced to the next level as it turned off.

At 2am you just hold it with finger/thumb over the end and watch how much light escapes from between the two in case you left it on high but just want the 1.5 lumens. Every so often when using it one handed the resistance to rotation by the o'ring causes me to accidently advance it to the next level as I turn it off. You'll know. So I just tug on the head twice and get it back to the level it had been. That's inherent with a water proof twisty head that has multiple output options.

8-A0-F7725-79-DA-4558-B0-A7-5-A45-C7-B8-EE4-F.jpg

One finger tug

D519-BC45-ED56-48-F3-8-A0-F-EEB7-E77-E7-BF5.jpg

Two finger, won't smudge lens tug

D145-C369-6-C53-48-C3-96-C5-4472-E0705490.jpg

2am won't blind you tug

Just tug until you reach the setting you want next time, or this time if you don't like where it is set or forgot where you left it.
One tug shows you where it's already set. More tugs advances it like half pressing a tail cap.

Last edited:
neutralwhite

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone?

elzetta tell that the LED in the new 850L bones is an upgrade from its old one.
what could it be?

?.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Some AA EDC beam shots.
I've been using it as a night light exclusively but this evening the dog was barking and barking and barking so I cranked it up to see what ole Fido kept yappin' about. Turns out a cat was hanging around the edge of the property.

So here goes:
The obligitory wall shot from 15 feet with a wall at a right angle to show the out skirts of the spill.

702848-D2-9-A1-F-4797-A004-328-B49-D97-C90.jpg

Big ole spot.

The tree is about 50 feet away.

CB74-BA61-BA3-A-46-A1-A632-69-CA038-A5-F83.jpg

Before
Note all of those free lumens

B8-F38297-B360-4856-A996-2-AD7-E010-FB75.jpg

Medium

0653-B980-2434-4-E6-D-BCA9-662179494-E95.jpg

High

The shed is about 100 feet away

E3-DDC806-F36-B-492-E-B8-BE-6-F440-D78-B667.jpg

Before

92-DF1-AD5-B1-DA-41-B3-9-A35-CDD54345-DA0-B.jpg

Medium shows the shed

56-F6-CA9-D-8812-4342-BEC1-57-F53-C15-B179.jpg

High lights up the house about 175 feet away.

So there you have it.

Last edited:
O

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

?.
There was a review that stated the old one was a XM-L2 like you said.
I hate that secret squirrel crap, but suppose I don't really care what the emitter is, as long as it's, uh...neutralwhite:D
Already bought extra batteries for it, so I hope the Bones comes out quick, and doesn't lag behind the Bravo and Charlie.
Part of me really wants to buy a Charlie, then have it bored for 18mm cells, and machined down to a Bravo, but with SF C series/Malkoff/etc. compatible tail threads.
The lack of tailcap options is my only real nitpick, since Elzetta doesn't do shrouded/protected ones, or use a switch that I'm familiar with. I'll put up with it for that beam, though!

neutralwhite

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
very good thanks, lets see what goes down. love the beam, as well as that near-silent switch on the tail!.
hope it all comes soon. could be this week !

There was a review that stated the old one was a XM-L2 like you said.
I hate that secret squirrel crap, but suppose I don't really care what the emitter is, as long as it's, uh...neutralwhite:D
Already bought extra batteries for it, so I hope the Bones comes out quick, and doesn't lag behind the Bravo and Charlie.
Part of me really wants to buy a Charlie, then have it bored for 18mm cells, and machined down to a Bravo, but with SF C series/Malkoff/etc. compatible tail threads.
The lack of tailcap options is my only real nitpick, since Elzetta doesn't do shrouded/protected ones, or use a switch that I'm familiar with. I'll put up with it for that beam, though!

neutralwhite

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bones has been pushed back till feb. bravo's and Charlie's this month.

A

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
bones without a high/low mode is a non starter.

A

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
disagree

i had the malkoff hi low ring on a m61 hot, total piece, compared to an ElZetta hi low tail cap...

I think of the same thing from time to time. malkoff High Low switch comes to mind. a better buy.