Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am partial to the Switchback 2.0. FYI, shipping notification was received from Elzetta today. Those who placed Bravo/Charlie orders direct through Elzetta should be receiving their upgrades very soon :thumbsup:

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had several flashlights that failed.

1. As a boy scout in the 80ies: Maglite AA, failed all the time... :)
2. HDS: Suddenly died, later I found out it was the wire inside the 18650 battery compartment that came loose.
3. Zebralight: Lens cracked very easily.
4. Surefire LX2: Low mode started to flicker, but never really failed.
5. Surefire with Oveready v5 drop-in: Drop-in suddenly died.
6. Muyshondt Maus: Sometimes doesn't switch on. It is easy to fix. Remove the head and wipe it inside with a piece of cloth or paper.

That's why I bought an Elzetta Alpha.
From what I've read here, this could be that last flashlight I buy...

Beard Man

Enlightened
I've had several flashlights that failed.
1. As a boy scout in the 80ies: Maglite AA, failed all the time... :)
2. HDS: Suddenly died, later I found out it was the wire inside the 18650 battery compartment that came loose.
3. Zebralight: Lens cracked very easily.
4. Surefire LX2: Low mode started to flicker, but never really failed.
5. Surefire with Oveready v5 drop-in: Drop-in suddenly died.
6. Muyshondt Maus: Sometimes doesn't switch on. It is easy to fix. Remove the head and wipe it inside with a piece of cloth or paper.

That's why I bought an Elzetta Alpha.
From what I've read here, this could be that last flashlight I buy...

How about Malkoff?

Last edited:

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about Malkoff?
I've had a Malkoff drop-in (WLLL?) - never failed.

Malkoff's shipping costs to Switzerland are outrageous, though. $55 for a tiny drop in!
Elzetta is $25 which is acceptable.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be possible to mod an older high/strobe tailcap into a high/low tailcap?

Beard Man

Enlightened
here is an AA Elzetta:

xeU2lZrl.png

So who copied whom, Jetbeam or Elzetta?

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
JETBeam clearly manufactures the G-Line on behalf of Elzetta. Whether there are internal differences remains to be seen. A community member with both needs to break them down for a compare and contrast :)

Beard Man

Enlightened
JETBeam clearly manufactures the G-Line on behalf of Elzetta.
Where did you find this information?

Elzetta has never had such a design, even Alpha has a "bulletproof" look/design, but G-Line looks exactly like a copy of Jetbeam.

Made in the USA no longer on the G-Line body? :thinking:

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm sure the G-line are nice lights but they just don't do it for me. Elzetta has or had a very distinct design/look to them. They shouted toughness! Not getting it with this line. Granted they are not geared towards high speed low drag stuff but would of loved to of seen a downsized bravo for this role.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
me too. not bad, but surprised to see Elzetta go this way. they screamed American made once!.

I'm sure the G-line are nice lights but they just don't do it for me. Elzetta has or had a very distinct design/look to them. They shouted toughness! Not getting it with this line. Granted they are not geared towards high speed low drag stuff but would of loved to of seen a downsized bravo for this role.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
me too. not bad, but surprised to see Elzetta go this way. they screamed American made once!.

Dave Barnett should do a video blog post and tell us.

In one of his videos Dave Barnett says he carried a 3-cell C133 for several years as an EDC. That's quite a big light for EDC...

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries, the G line may have mineral glass and no potting, but it has type III ano, and is therefore just as tough as the Z line. It does not sacrifice quality, durability, or reliability compared to other Elzetta products, and provides the same security and peace of mind.

Do they even realize what they're saying?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. I was looking at the 1x123 model earlier. That's a compilation from the heading, description, and specs, but that's exactly what they say.
Just more marketing BS from the same people who brought you the tactically silent switch, so noone will know you're there when you fire up your 1350 lumen personal locator beacon:rolleyes:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lmao!! I have said that about silent switches for years. I really don't get the idea behind them.